Pre-Match thread

BOF

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

You could probably chuck Davis back there in a pinch. We know how anti goal scoring he is.

I'm not saying this is the case, but there are examples of players who were average strikers and became very good defenders. Piszczek at Borussia being one of those.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I'm not saying this is the case, but there are examples of players who were average strikers and became very good defenders. Piszczek at Borussia being one of those.

Dion Dublin was decent from what I remember

• Like 1

Exciting stuff. Come on Villa. Difficult to expect too much against the current champions, best team in the league and, I would suggest, champions elect. 

However, they’re missing a couple of key players and we’ve improved our squad. I hope we can do ourselves proud.  Looking forward to this one. 

UTV

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

Dion is the one that jumps to mind instantly. Good striker, decent centre half when needed.

I'm not sure Davis can be either but he's got the physical presence for it.

8 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That bench screams we're short on CB options doesn't it? 

i get no hause/engels (injuries), but also no Taylor or Guilbert, i get the impression we are trying to tell them something.....having one defender (a RB) on the bench only is like a big neon sign. (the sign says "Make like a Tree")

Edited by MaVilla

Excited to see how we measure up against Liverpool. Last season we had a massive inferiority complex against top six clubs and barely got any points from them at all. We’ve shown more steel against poor-performing clubs so far this season so let’s see how we can do against the best.