Pre-Match thread

BOF

11 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Fulham scored three against Leeds last week and I can see them scoring against us too. So, we need at least two to have a chance of winning IMO and I'm not so certain we will get two. I predict a 1-1 draw. 

Umm what about super Emi Martinez?

Far too early to be calling anything a must-win game but for peace of mind it'd be nice to get more points on the board given the more difficult fixtures we have coming up.

Fulham look at a similar level to us of last season really. They've got their talismanic figure in Mitrovic and a few others who are good players at this level (Anguissa in particular looked great last week, wouldn't be surprised if he kicks on after his slow start for them), but the bulk of their team is made up of players yet to settle or your Hectors and Odois of the world who are going to struggle all season you'd imagine.

Can see them scoring but us doing enough in more difficult fashion than last week. 2-1 Villa.

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

What a weird kick off time. If I hadn’t just looked and noticed it being 5:45 i’d have missed some of it as I thought it was 6pm.

I don't like these early Monday KOs and the fact we've been on twice in a row is a little annoying. 

I think this is the kind of game where IF we take our chances we will win but they are decent going forward so we will need to be on our toes. Mitrovic is always a threat and he will cause to Mings and Konsa problems. 

I think we should go with the same 11 as last week but we need a lot more from the midfield and wide positions.

Martinez

Cash Konsa Mings Targett

Luiz

Trez McGinn Hourihane Grealish

Watkins

Subs: Steer, Elmo, Hause, Ramsey, El Ghazi ,Traore, Davis

Before the weekend I was quite optimistic about this game. Then tescos almost beat chelski, and after that wham battered the dingos. fulham won't roll over and they will see us an opportunity to get some points in. We better be up for it from the start.

We have a better team this season than we had the last. Not only because of our new signings but also because the other players have gained a season's experience. But it's far from flawless. I predict a 3-1 loss. :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pelle said:

We have a better team this season than we had the last. Not only because of our new signings but also because the other players have gained a season's experience. But it's far from flawless. I predict a 3-1 loss. :(

Vine Ok GIF

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Some of the negativity is bizarre

I'm not negative aginst the team as such, I just have a bad feeling about this game. I still believe we'll survive easier this season, but we will stumble. Maybe tonight.

• Like 1

I had a dream we were 2-0. Not sure who the opponent was though. They got it back to 2.2 Then 89 minute Watkins gets taken down by the keeper when through in goal. It’s one of those where he got his foot on it first and it went wide but the keeper took his leg with his outstretched arms.  Now not sure who stepped up to take it but he smashed it in the middle of the goal. 3-2 Villa.