17/18
Villa 0-1 Fulham (play-off final)
Fulham 2-0 Villa
Villa 2-1 Fulham
16/17
Fulham
3-1 Villa
Villa 1-0 Fulham

They've a good recent record against us, reflecting the generally-better and more stable condition they've been in over that time. It's high time we put that right and twist the knife while they're stumbling to a poor start to the season.

• Like 3

Can’t remember the last time we won away at Fulham, might have been that game when agbonlahor curled in a beauty from the edge of the box, which was a long time ago.

This is a great opportunity for an early away win and to maintain a perfect start to the season, whilst 6 points from the first two will not necessarily keep us up it’ll certainly go some way toward it. That said, Fulham will be thinking exactly the same of us, that we’re a great opportunity for them to record their first win.

I think there will be a lot of goals, I’m predicting a 4-3 outcome but unsure which team will come out on top.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can’t remember the last time we won away at Fulham, might have been that game when agbonlahor curled in a beauty from the edge of the box, which was a long time ago.

I can't remember the goals but it was January 2010. 2-0 with a Gabby brace.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It is a 6 pointer though...

Win and we are 6 points ahead of them. Lose and we are on an equal amount of points.

Wouldn't this make every single game a six pointer? If we were playing Liverpool we would be 6 points better off than them if we beat them as opposed to if we lost to them. That's jut the nature of a 3 point per win game of football surely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, tom_avfc said:

Wouldn't this make every single game a six pointer? If we were playing Liverpool we would be 6 points better off than them if we beat them as opposed to if we lost to them. That's jut the nature of a 3 point per win game of football surely.

No cuz Fulham are direct relegation rivals.

Being 6 points ahead of them this early on would be huge.

34 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Pretty sure Gabby scored a beauty of a curler with his left foot which is why it’s stuck in my mind so we’ll!

This was the one, Gabby scored a header and the second was indeed a left footed cutler into the far post. Gabby was quality in those days. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

This was the one, Gabby scored a header and the second was indeed a left footed cutler into the far post. Gabby was quality in those days. 

Wasn’t quite as good as I remembered it, funny how your mind does that. In my head it was a 25 yarder into the top corner ha!

Its like when you remember old video games but you tend to remember them in modern graphical terms so when you see them again they look so much worse than you remember.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wasn’t quite as good as I remembered it, funny how your mind does that. In my head it was a 25 yarder into the top corner ha!

Its like when you remember old video games but you tend to remember them in modern graphical terms so when you see them again they look so much worse than you remember.

I know exactly what you mean. It’s weird isn’t it. I was just thinking about the 2-0 win over Fulham at VP in 2009, it was the first game I took my now wife to so has always stood out. Gabby scored the winner, I remembered it being a smart turn and finish from the edge of the box, but it was actually him winning the ball from deep and running to the edge of the box before blasting it in. I can still see the memory in my mind, but it just doesn’t match what happened. 

Streets of Rage on the Megadrive definitely has high quality graphics though! :D

• Like 1