Jump to content

Pre-Match thread


BOF
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator

Venue: Craven Cottage
KO: 17:45

Referee: Stuart Attwell
Assistants: Simon Long, Neil Davies
Fourth official: Andy Madley
VAR: Martin Atkinson
Assistant VAR: Stephen Child

Last 6 results
19/20
Fulham
2-1 Villa (FA Cup)
17/18
Villa 0-1 Fulham (play-off final)
Fulham 2-0 Villa
Villa 2-1 Fulham
16/17
Fulham
3-1 Villa
Villa 1-0 Fulham

They've a good recent record against us, reflecting the generally-better and more stable condition they've been in over that time. It's high time we put that right and twist the knife while they're stumbling to a poor start to the season.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can’t remember the last time we won away at Fulham, might have been that game when agbonlahor curled in a beauty from the edge of the box, which was a long time ago.

This is a great opportunity for an early away win and to maintain a perfect start to the season, whilst 6 points from the first two will not necessarily keep us up it’ll certainly go some way toward it. That said, Fulham will be thinking exactly the same of us, that we’re a great opportunity for them to record their first win.

I think there will be a lot of goals, I’m predicting a 4-3 outcome but unsure which team will come out on top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can’t remember the last time we won away at Fulham, might have been that game when agbonlahor curled in a beauty from the edge of the box, which was a long time ago.

I can't remember the goals but it was January 2010. 2-0 with a Gabby brace.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It is a 6 pointer though...

Win and we are 6 points ahead of them. Lose and we are on an equal amount of points.

Wouldn't this make every single game a six pointer? If we were playing Liverpool we would be 6 points better off than them if we beat them as opposed to if we lost to them. That's jut the nature of a 3 point per win game of football surely.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tom_avfc said:

Wouldn't this make every single game a six pointer? If we were playing Liverpool we would be 6 points better off than them if we beat them as opposed to if we lost to them. That's jut the nature of a 3 point per win game of football surely.

No cuz Fulham are direct relegation rivals.

Being 6 points ahead of them this early on would be huge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Pretty sure Gabby scored a beauty of a curler with his left foot which is why it’s stuck in my mind so we’ll!

This was the one, Gabby scored a header and the second was indeed a left footed cutler into the far post. Gabby was quality in those days. 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

This was the one, Gabby scored a header and the second was indeed a left footed cutler into the far post. Gabby was quality in those days. 

 

Wasn’t quite as good as I remembered it, funny how your mind does that. In my head it was a 25 yarder into the top corner ha!

Its like when you remember old video games but you tend to remember them in modern graphical terms so when you see them again they look so much worse than you remember.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wasn’t quite as good as I remembered it, funny how your mind does that. In my head it was a 25 yarder into the top corner ha!

Its like when you remember old video games but you tend to remember them in modern graphical terms so when you see them again they look so much worse than you remember.

I know exactly what you mean. It’s weird isn’t it. I was just thinking about the 2-0 win over Fulham at VP in 2009, it was the first game I took my now wife to so has always stood out. Gabby scored the winner, I remembered it being a smart turn and finish from the edge of the box, but it was actually him winning the ball from deep and running to the edge of the box before blasting it in. I can still see the memory in my mind, but it just doesn’t match what happened. 
 

Streets of Rage on the Megadrive definitely has high quality graphics though! :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â