Pre-Match thread

BOF

3 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

I was just about to post that pur record at craven cottage is awful,memories of angel missing two penalties, Jon Harley scoring scoring an absolute worldy in a 1-0 defeat, that game under paul lambert when fulham were in the bottom 3 and struggling and they strolled to a 2-0 win 

Don't forget us being 1-0 up and them equalising with literally the last kick of the game under Houllier.

The team picks itself if Traore is on the bench but I had some small hopes we might get an easy season, hopefully lock up 10th-12th but the bench is poor and Trez and Conor cant be starters. I fear we might only get one more player in as well, it will be a tougher season than I anticipated. Must beat Fulham, early doors but 3 points here is big.

Right team and bench in my opinion. Really hope Ramsey comes on and does something; maybe save us a few quid!

Traore might cause chaos for the last 20 minutes.

Looking at the Fulham team - I barely know any of them. And their fans don't seem happy with the line up, which will do for me.
5 at the back it seems, with wing backs. 

• Like 1

I’m happy with that team, keeps the faith in them for beating Sheffield United. The bench has three players that can make a positive impact imo, Traore (has anyone mentioned bringing him on in the 60th?), Ramsey and Davis. 

Feels weird that we’re playing at this time. Let’s hope we smash the Pimms sippers and take the three points back to brum.

I hope they don't have Jimmy Bullard in the team.

Our starting 11 is expected. And I think it's the right one. Traoré needs to learn his new team mates and probably lacks a little match fitness. Happy to see Ramsey on the bench too. Hopefully he can get some time too. Now I only miss Guilbert on the bench.

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Fine.

But if Hourihane and Trezeguet are still starting in a couple of weeks time, we'll have failed in the transfer window in my opinion. 

No it doesnt!....It will mean that we are playing well.

Good move by Smith. Putting Ramsey in the match day squad puts the fire under Hourihane and dare i say it McGinn so if they play badly and get pulled, they can't get the hump with him. If he started Ramsey, which would of been a big call, he could of liked either of those 2 boys morale dropping by been benched for a kid. Starting though, they've no excuse.

Edited by Johnnyp

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

I thought it was hector who had the better of him that night. I don't think hector is available tonight?

Well, they were both the centre Backs, I just noticed Ream giving him a hard time that day.

6 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Right team and bench in my opinion. Really hope Ramsey comes on and does something; maybe save us a few quid!

Traore might cause chaos for the last 20 minutes.

Looking at the Fulham team - I barely know any of them. And their fans don't seem happy with the line up, which will do for me.
5 at the back it seems, with wing backs. 

They will look to use the wing backs wide as we only three in the middle...have the numerical advantage....would like to have seen traore start....and ramsay instead of hourihane....but we will see