Pre-Match thread

BOF

You'll probably only get a warning if I'd bother reporting it, but it's a fair question so I think it should fly. 

No, I don't think so. I'm a pretty straight forward fan. If it's good I call it so, if it's bad I do as well. A spade a spade I guess. 

I'm however allergic to these happy go lucky overreacting fans who want Deano out the second it goes bad, and the second we buy 3 players we are much better than our competitiors, like Fulham.

There's a difference between being realistic and negative. As for me wishing a bad result for my club that's such a stupid question I'm not gonna answer it. You can do better. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

In normal circumstances I’d take an away point but as there’s no crowd we need to be winning this. We are better than Fulham. 

On the other hand they need a result even more than us after two straight defeats and conceding 7 goals so it’s not going to be easy. 

2-1 Villa

edit: still early but I think Albion and Fulham are weaker than the 3 that got relegated last season. It should be easier to stay up this season.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

44 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

You'll probably only get a warning if I'd bother reporting it, but it's a fair question so I think it should fly. 

No, I don't think so. I'm a pretty straight forward fan. If it's good I call it so, if it's bad I do as well. A spade a spade I guess. 

I'm however allergic to these happy go lucky overreacting fans who want Deano out the second it goes bad, and the second we buy 3 players we are much better than our competitiors, like Fulham.

There's a difference between being realistic and negative. As for me wishing a bad result for my club that's such a stupid question I'm not gonna answer it. You can do better. 

Fulham are shit. Martinez and Watkins are a MASSIVE upgrade on our 11. Football is football. Any team can beat any team on the day for various reasons including shit refs. Still don't see how you think we will lose barring extraneous factors

P.S. I appreciate your good faith response and will respond in kind in future. You do come across in a lot of posts as overtly negative and this coming from a person that couldn't stand Bruce tenure and his happy clapper fans

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

In normal circumstances I’d take an away point but as there’s no crowd we need to be winning this. We are better than Fulham. 

On the other hand they need a result even more than us after two straight defeats and conceding 7 goals so it’s not going to be easy. 

2-1 Villa

edit: still early but I think Albion and Fulham are weaker than the 3 that got relegated last season. It should be easier to stay up this season.

Don't tempt providence.....every game in this league is tough.

If we can avoid a defeat, I will be happy.

38 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Went and watched my BIL play today for his local club. They wear Claret and Blue, and they played against Fulham FC 🤯 and they won 1-0 with a penalty in the 86th.....

that'll do for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'll probably get a warning but are you in competition for most negative poster? It's almost like you're willing a bad result 

No, he seems nervous, thats all.....maybe its better than expecting too much, just saying.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you report people? Obviously don’t have to answer that if don’t wish to.

Agree with your post. Will be hard game. Think we will beat them though. 

Wow VLV its just made me laugh.😀...we would call that snitching.

when i was a kid playing football in the street, if I put a window through, i would say it come off the kerb.....no one reported me.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

when i was a kid playing football in the street, if I put a window through, i would say it come off the kerb or the lamp post.....no one reported me.

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

when i was a kid playing football in the street, if I put a window through, i would say it come off the kerb.....no one reported me.

We called it grass. Unwritten law! Can never grass on anyone! 

• Like 1

i think the first 11 pretty much picks itself other than Traore/Trez.

Personally i would pick Traore as a starter, but i think Deano will pick Trez.

Other than that, there might be a debate around Hourihane/Ramsey, but i dont see Deano dropping Hourihane currently.

I think we win this game 2-0 and a comfortable 2-0 at that.

Fairly confident with this prediction, last season we would have struggled in a game like this, this season we look stronger after the end of last season and with the additions.

Traore in the side will finally release some space for Grealish on the left, it gives defenders two players who require 'doubling up on' which is something that's hard to do. With Watkins movement around the box, and Fulham's ropey defending I think we will cause them some problems.

Martinez

Cash   Konsa  Mings  Targett

Luiz

McGinn    Hourihane

Traore    Watkins    Grealish

Subs: Steer, Elmo, Taylor, Nakamba, Ramsey, Trezeguet, Davis

Would really like to see Ramsey come on for Hourihane in the second half and have a run out if we are winning.

On 25/09/2020 at 14:25, villalad21 said:

No cuz Fulham are direct relegation rivals.

Being 6 points ahead of them this early on would be huge.

The optimism that you demonstrated when opening the "title chase 2020/21" topic, didn't last long did it? You told us that "We are doing a Leicester". Now Fulham are our potential "relegation rivals" frankly I'm disappointed that the glass half empty villalad21 is back quite so soon....;) 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, John said:

The optimism that you demonstrated when opening the "title chase 2020/21" topic, didn't last long did it? You told us that "We are doing a Leicester". Now Fulham are our potential "relegation rivals" frankly I'm disappointed that the glass half empty villalad21 is back quite so soon....;) 

We can do both

Be well clear of relegation and Fulham + go for the title.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 3