Pre-Match thread

BOF

Think we've got the better team, but they'll be up for this one knowing they need a win to kick start their season. Got to match their intensity from the first whistle. Also Mings/Konsa/Martinez have a difficult task in keeping Mitrovic quiet but I think we're capable enough. 2-1 Villa. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Ha ha.....first poster I have heard say that......you are bang on.

The game morphs all the time......It Was Derek Dougan who said when asked about formations, its 1-10 isnt it.

Too much sophistication is applied to a simple game to make it look complicated.

If you can align desire and application to Talent.....its about as close to perfection as you can get......I think the Chelsea team illustrated that without desire, talent leaves you helpless, thank god they found some second half.

I believe the saying is “hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”

Rings true in every aspect of life.

• Like 1

Referee is Stuart Attwell, hes abit laid back on cards isnt he let's the teams go at it for a while, take a fair bit for him to start pulling yellows out, but when he starts and has had enough just starts dishing them out for anything.

20 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Really sorry lads but I've got a really good feeling about this one, I think we'll win in style.

So that means we will inevitably get a pasting and come crashing back down to earth.

Soz.

Me too. The scores this weekend have been all over the place. I'm seeing some quality in our team and plenty of players hitting but that could mean we get battered like Man city against Leicester or wolves against West Ham.

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Me too. The scores this weekend have been all over the place. I'm seeing some quality in our team and plenty of players hitting but that could mean we get battered like Man city against Leicester or wolves against West Ham.

What you forget is other clubs not having super Jacky Grealish.

We got this :D 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Really sorry lads but I've got a really good feeling about this one, I think we'll win in style.

So that means we will inevitably get a pasting and come crashing back down to earth.

Soz.

I think we will lose, and I'm normally wrong about our matches, so that evens your post out :mrgreen:

If I have to be honest I think people are expecting a bit too much and think we are better than we are. Fulham aren't a bad team by any means. It's one of the teams we will be fighting it out with this season methinks. 

They've had a shady start and will be very eager to set it right against us tonight. It's also on the telly as an evening week match, and that brings me nothing but bad memories. 

If you can’t be optimistic this early on the season then when can you be? Really looking forward to this, I think we’ll win. The team have been much more resolute defensively, and we’ve got the tools to hurt Fulham in attack. 

Wont be easy as nothing ever is with Villa, so I’ll go for a 1-2 win. Watkins and Grealish. 

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Soz.

If this was a 1970's wrestling match the crowd would be screaming Easy Easy Easy in our favour, you have gotta believe 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fulham will be looking at this as a game they could win. Lets spoil the party for them.

We have a pretty crap record there lets change that

On a personal note they made my Son cry at the end of the playoff final, for this they must be smashed 

2-0 the Villa.  Watkins and Bert.  Maintain being the only side to not concede a goal this season.  Would also take us to 5th - nosebleed terrritory!

Bur really need to keep playing to the final whistle and avoid one of these 90+ minute hand-ball penalty decisions that seem to be all the rage.

(Unless it's to us).

Edited by rubberman
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fulham will be looking at this as a game they could win. Lets spoil the party for them.

We have a pretty crap record there lets change that

Fulham really need to win this.

It's like that West Ham game were for us last season after 2 straight defeats.

This is a game where early in the season if it’s a point or a loss you still believe everything will be fine. 

yet later on in the season when it’s close we would be looking back at this game saying “we really should have beaten fulham in September” 

as such anything else than three points is disappointing. I don’t think there’s any escaping that. 

we should have six points after today and go into Liverpool and Leicester thinking that any points from those two is a bonus, and get us ahead of schedule, firstly for safety and looking ahead towards 45-50 points. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Fulham really need to win this.

It's like that West Ham game were for us last season after 2 straight defeats.

It looks a game we need tk get something from too as our next two are tough liverpool and leicester where we are likely to get zero points