Pre-Match thread

BOF

22 hours ago, TRO said:

Ha ha.....first poster I have heard say that......you are bang on.

The game morphs all the time......It Was Derek Dougan who said when asked about formations, "its 1-10 isnt it"

Too much sophistication is applied to a simple game to make it look complicated.

If you can align desire and application to Talent.....its about as close to perfection as you can get......I think the Chelsea team illustrated that without desire, talent leaves you helpless, thank god they found some second half.

1 hour ago, Pelle said:

Before the weekend I was quite optimistic about this game. Then tescos almost beat chelski, and after that wham battered the dingos. fulham won't roll over and they will see us an opportunity to get some points in. We better be up for it from the start.

We have a better team this season than we had the last. Not only because of our new signings but also because the other players have gained a season's experience. But it's far from flawless. I predict a 3-1 loss. :(

Happy George Michael GIF by Squirrel Monkey

Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
                     Luiz
         McGinn - Hourihane
   Traore - Watkins - Grealish

The team I'd go with. I'd genuinely be tempted to give Ramsey a start instead of Hourihane but we aren't going to do that realistically. Fulham haven't looked too good so far and we should really be getting 3 points tonight if we don't want any repeats of last season, the big concern I have is our results in London since 2015 are absolutely shocking. 

"Villa are looking to open a Premier League campaign with back-to-back victories for just the third time, also doing so in 1995/96 and 1999/00.

But the West Midlands club have earned just one point from their last 30 available in Premier League matches in London, since beating Tottenham 1-0 in April 2015."

31 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
                     Luiz
         McGinn - Hourihane
   Traore - Watkins - Grealish

The team I'd go with. I'd genuinely be tempted to give Ramsey a start instead of Hourihane but we aren't going to do that realistically. Fulham haven't looked too good so far and we should really be getting 3 points tonight if we don't want any repeats of last season, the big concern I have is our results in London since 2015 are absolutely shocking. 

"Villa are looking to open a Premier League campaign with back-to-back victories for just the third time, also doing so in 1995/96 and 1999/00.

But the West Midlands club have earned just one point from their last 30 available in Premier League matches in London, since beating Tottenham 1-0 in April 2015."

I'd still pick the same team that beat SU.

I'm a big believer in never change a winning team.

The weekend showed that there are no easy games. Far to few games now to draw any hard conclusions on how good or poor teams are.

From what I've seen from Fulham you would expect an away win but I wouldn't be terribly upset with a draw beforehand. All depends how the match plays out.

Same team, possibly Traore in for Trez.

Fulham attack well and keep the ball. We need to go at them in the first 15 their defence is very dim. They lack intelligence defensively.

Id prefer a double pivot with the full backs attacking and the wide men drifting in. Dean Smith plays with a single pivot, I feel once Fulham start controlling the ball then that's when they might hurt us. 

If we score 1 -2 in that first 15 I believe we are capable of really putting them to the sword they will capitulate.

This game will be won off the ball.

Edited by Sulberto21