• Davis
    • El Ghazi
    • Trézéguet (Traoré 70)
    • Watkins (Davis 70)
    • Hourihane (Lansbury 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/20 at 16:00

Really good performance from our second string tonight! Went for Bertrand as MOTM (the sheer class of his finish swung it) but really could've picked any of the midfielders. Ramsey was excellent and I also thought the much-maligned Lansbury showed his worth too with some excellent passing. 

El Ghazi had a good game but I think he'll be annoyed he didn't convert any more of his chances. Davis played the lone striker role very well. Watkins could've had a hat trick within ten mins of coming on! Glad to see him hungry to score even coming on at two nil up - his running is so intelligent! Really looking forward to seeing him link up with Traore, who was very impressive. Nakamba was solid. Nice to see Guilbert and he did his job well. Elmo was solid. Good to get some minutes in for Hause in case we need him off the bench but he did have a couple of hairy moments. Great to see Steer back too.

Caveat is obviously that Bristol City had also made 8 changes but I thought we did really well tonight. Also had a £2 double on El Ghazi/Traore both to score at 18/1 so that was the stream paid for within the first 15 minutes!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pintpotvilla said:

It's a long season and we will need a strong squad, especially in midfield. Looking much better now though

Don’t agree, for Ramsey’s sake (and ours ultimately) he needs to be playing in the Championship week in week out.

Bring in Barkley or preferably RLC,  and Nakamba, Hourihane and Lansbury are enough back up.

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don’t forget we’ve got Wesley to come back too, I don’t think a striker is a priority 

I doubt we’ll sign a ST like Edoaurd, but we’ll go for a wide forward who can play either wide or up front in a way that El Ghazi and Trez cant

Thats why I’m really hoping Sarr signs.

4 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

100%. If he’s good enough in these two cup games, which he has been, he’s good enough to start against Fulham. Can’t be worse than starting with a Nakamba or a Hourihane. 

If we sign Barkley, Ramsey will be off on loan and it’s the best place for his development.....just like it was for Jack going to Notts County and even our own time in the Championship.

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

If we sign Barkley, Ramsey will be off on loan and it’s the best place for his development.....just like it was for Jack going to Notts County and even our own time in the Championship.

Yeah if Barkley or an equivalent signing arrives, it’s better loan him. But I’m very tempted to see how he’d perform if we give him a few games now. Some youngsters just thrive and never look back. We seem to have this habit of loaning our young players for years, having never really tested them in the first team, and never really knowing if they can step up. We then end up selling or releasing them at 23/24. Not saying that will happen to Ramsey or that a loan wouldn’t help his development but with the squad we have today, I’d play him before Nakamba / Hourihane / Lansbury. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rayk said:

I don't know, if we don't sign a left sided forward, then even with Barkley we'd have him, Luiz, McGinn, Hourihane, Ramsey and Nakamba realistic poss starters. One or two injuries and Ramsey starts every week. Not sure we can send him out on loan. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

Yeah if Barkley or an equivalent signing arrives, it’s better loan him. But I’m very tempted to see how he’d perform if we give him a few games now. Some youngsters just thrive and never look back. We seem to have this habit of loaning our young players for years, having never really tested them in the first team, and never really knowing if they can step up. We then end up selling or releasing them at 23/24. Not saying that will happen to Ramsey or that a loan wouldn’t help his development but with the squad we have today, I’d play him before Nakamba / Hourihane / Lansbury. 

Yep on the last two games he's played I'd say he could be better for us in there than them.

• Confused 1

Â