Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

Exactly the sort of win we needed to dig out after what happened on Wednesday.

We rode our luck a bit but were due a game where we had marginals go our way. Sort of win people were demanding pre match as we certainly weren't at our fluent best.

Clean sheet and 8th and Targett and Jack avoid 5th yellow so looking forward to West Ham now and get close to them again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Their game against Liverpool a forgone conclusion yeah? :D

My bad I didn't even realise there were other games first.

Tunnel vision lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

If we continue this trajectory, that's 64 points to end the season. Imagine if we cut out those silly results like those against Burnley and West Ham? We can start by taking revenge against West Ham on Wednesday.

If we'd have won the Brighton and Burnley games we'd be right up there now. Soton had the luckiest game ever v us 4-3 but I guess we've been paid that back

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

If we'd have won the Brighton and Burnley games we'd be right up there now. Soton had the luckiest game ever v us 4-3 but I guess we've been paid that back

To be honest we were bad against Soton, the first half was one of the worst this season. Their goals were from set pieces but we were bad.

Anyway yesterday game was a relief, I only opened VT yesterday as I was gutted after Burnley and didn't want to read about PL generally.

If it wasn't for Man City, I would have said that anyone could win the league this season (well top half teams).

West Ham are one of the most consistent teams. We're playing one of the best football around. Leicester are more consistent than others. Everton, I'm not sure. Haven't watched them lately but their results suggests inconsistency, and not sure about their performances.

Let's see how things will go, hopefully Chelsea keep struggling and Burnley could either win or draw (I remember last season I was cheering for Chelsea rather than Burnley, how good is that change!). Brighton could very well defeat Spurs or atleast draw. A draw between Liverpool and West Ham would put us in a very good position again before playing West Ham. We've improved at home in the last two games, so hopefully we can win against West Ham then think about whats next.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Did exactly the same earlier! Still, think they'll lose today.

Seems Pool might be coming back into some form.

Its all so unpredictable right now though.

Leeds pissing me off as well, I was enjoying their slump.

Now prepared to once again have to listen to the constant adulation and their incessant fans.

Want us to turn them over SO badly.

Final argument they usually give me is that  ' Villa fans cant say anything until they actually get a result from us without cheating '

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems Pool might be coming back into some form.

Its all so unpredictable right now though.

Leeds pissing me off as well, I was enjoying their slump.

Now prepared to once again have to listen to the constant adulation and their incessant fans.

Want us to turn them over SO badly.

Final argument they usually give me is that  ' Villa fans cant say anything until they actually get a result from us without cheating '

They're a weird, weird lot those Leeds fans are. Never seen a fanbase quite like them.

Â