Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the league will take shape second part of the season. Top 4 same as last season. 5th and 6th between Spurs Leicester and Arsenal. 7th is a battle between the rest.

Why Arsenal? I’m not convinced by Arteta and the team aren’t exactly clicking and I don’t see that changing in the near future

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the league will take shape second part of the season. Top 4 same as last season. 5th and 6th between Spurs Leicester and Arsenal. 7th is a battle between the rest.

I think Leicester are underestimated and expect them to disrupt the top four again, so I will just say they are top five.  Then after than it’s anybody’s game especially with Kane out for a few weeks at least after injuring both ankles on Thursday....I’m guessing a few weeks will be a little longer.

So 6th to 11th is open for business for who wants it.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think Leicester are underestimated and expect them to disrupt the top four again, so I will just say they are top five.  Then after than it’s anybody’s game especially with Kane out for a few weeks at least after injuring both ankles on Thursday....I’m guessing a few weeks will be a little longer.

So 6th to 11th is open for business for who wants it.

Leicester look lost without Vardy. 

I think Arsenal are starting to get a good balance. Not conceding many goals are in good form right now. They haven’t lost for quite a while. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Arsenal are starting to get a good balance. Not conceding many goals are in good form right now. They haven’t lost for quite a while. 

And Spurs without Kane etc.

I too think people are making a mistake by writing Arsenal off as a threat.

They seem to be getting it together and definitely have quality in their squad.

Arsenal look like a strong team now and they are starting to pick-up points.

Chelski too will get the bounce from a new manager.

Our hope is to continue our good form into the second-half of the season and hope to reel Wet Spam in and one other.

Then who knows where we could end up.

I'd have been happy with a top half finish but as it stands we seem to have a great opportunity.

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

And Spurs without Kane....that’s why I wanted us to get another striker this window, it worries me going into the second half of the season just with Ollie.  Hopefully he avoids injury, suspension or loss of form because without him we’ll suffer like Spurs and Leicester are without Kane and Vardy.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Our hope is to continue our good form into the second-half of the season and hope to reel Wet Spam in and one other.

Tough ask.

Especially considering i think the players will tire as we don't rotate much.

Think key here is none of Spurs, Everton,Arsenal or Chelsea look capable currently of winning 7-8 games in a row and pushing towards 70 points currently.

They'll all be in the 55-65 range imo.

We're in a really good place to get into that points area. It's basically another 30 points and we're well capable of winning another 9 games this season with what we have left providing we don't lose key players to long term injuries like last year.

Interesting looking at the fixtures aswell. I know home and away dosen't matter so much BCD but we have only played 8 home games so far and likes of Leicester, Chelsea, Arsenal have all played 11 I think so that could be a real advantage for us especially if West Midlands could perhaps go into tier 3 sometime in April so we get a couple of home games for the run in with some fans in.

Going to be a very exciting run in I think especially as we'll go back to 1 game a week pretty soon so will be more rested than some of the teams around us.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

Â