Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

He played one decent pass to Cash who for the first time in a while played a perfect cross. He didn't make one dribble, not one shot on target, never anywhere near an assist himself. He did very little. Played one decent pass. He didn't change the game, we were already dominant, and creating openings.

Not shitting on him, he wasn't bad either, but that's the nature of coming on as a late sub. 

We weren't creating clear cut openings though. And he helped create one. As I said, he does things with intent in the final third.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Didn't think he made a massive impact tonight, but to be fair he didn't have long. 

Seemed decent enough though.

He set up the goal that won the game. What more impact did you want?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He set up the goal that won the game. What more impact did you want?

Cash set up the goal. Bertie played a 5 yard overlap pass to Cash. It was hardly a Zidane. 

Anyway, he was OK. Not epoch shattering, but decent when he came on.  

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Cash set up the goal. Bertie played a 5 yard overlap pass to Cash. It was hardly a Zidane. 

Anyway, he was OK. Not epoch shattering, but decent when he came on.  

He created that opening for Cash via a 1-2 and a quick pass into space that gave Cash enough time and noone marking him to get a decent ball into a dangerous area. 

Something we hadn't been able to do for most of the 80 minutes prior to him coming on.

I dont think it's hyperbole to say we wouldn't have scored without Bertie on the pitch last night.  In his 14 minutes on the pitch, he was involved in pretty much the only threatening passage of play we had all night (as was Tielemans to a lesser degree).

• Like 4

I think Emery knows what Bertie offers, especially in Europe and against low block sides too he can beat a man and create something. I think his weakness gets exposed in the Premier League especially if he starts games. I do feel he is probably a really positive presence in the dressing room and squad too. The reaction of his teammates when he scored the worldie winner against Leicester. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think Emery knows what Bertie offers, especially in Europe and against low block sides too he can beat a man and create something. I think his weakness gets exposed in the Premier League especially if he starts games. I do feel he is probably a really positive presence in the dressing room and squad too. The reaction of his teammates when he scored the worldie winner against Leicester. 

100%. He's ideal against a low block because of his ability to operate in tight areas. Without doubt a very popular guy as well! He doesn't seem to have a bad bone in his body.

• Like 1

Bertie is one of the most naturally gifted players we have ever had the pleasure to watch.imo 

Yes he is inconsistent but that’s pretty much the same for most wingers.

We should just enjoy him, as long as he is here.- He is one of my all time favourite footballers - the goal against the baggies is still ridiculous 

• Like 2

When the ball goes towards Bailey, I always wonder if he'll control it well enough to sustain the attack. Then I'm unsure whether he'll find a Villa player. He doesn't breed confidence.

I trust Bertie in both of those situations almost completely, no matter what pressure he is under. Taking the ball is so natural to him. 

Add into that his penchant for scoring screamers and crafting openings and it explains why he's so useful to have around

• Like 3

6 hours ago, CVByrne said:

He's a good player to have around. Can cover a few positions in final third and with us letting go or likes of Coutinho and losing Buendia for most of the season it would've made no sense just to loan him out.

Think he's out of contract so perhaps we'll let him go for a small fee in January if that helps with ongoing FFP restrictions but again he'll pop up with a goal to win us an important game at some stage in next few months just like he did at Leicester.

Big issue is keeping him fit as he picks up too many niggling injuries for someone who really doesn't play much. I presume Burkina Faso have called him up so that's an issue.

Edited by VillaChris

52 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's a good player to have around. Can cover a few positions in final third and with us letting go or likes of Coutinho and losing Buendia for most of the season it would've made no sense just to loan him out.

Think he's out of contract so perhaps we'll let him go for a small fee in January if that helps with ongoing FFP restrictions but again he'll pop up with a goal to win us an important game at some stage in next few months just like he did at Leicester.

Big issue is keeping him fit as he picks up too many niggling injuries for someone who really doesn't play much. I presume Burkina Faso have called him up so that's an issue.

I think your 3rd point cancels out your second. With Burkina Faso qualifying for AFCON as group winners and Traore being the star of the team, he'll be off to the tournament before 13th January.

So unless he's got a move lined up before the tournament starts, or he's happy to let his agent organise everything for him, I can't see him wanting to do anything other than play well for his country and will probably have no interest in trying to move clubs ahead of the last 3 months of the season. 

Few players are more entertaining or have as good a highlights reel as Bertie. Bailey was meant to be an upgrade, but would be interested in their stats, I’ll bet there’s not much in it. Can’t but help think we wanted Nico Williams there ahead of both, and if he arrived both would be sold.

17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

May as well ship him out 1st Jan if we're not gonna use him when a game is crying out for a cool head.

He unlocked 10 men behind the ball in the week. Why not give him the chance to do so again? Strange one from Emery that.

But if Watkins doesn't hit the post in the last minute then we wouldn't be thinking about it. Fine margins.

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

He unlocked 10 men behind the ball in the week. Why not give him the chance to do so again? Strange one from Emery that.

But if Watkins doesn't hit the post in the last minute then we wouldn't be thinking about it. Fine margins.

Still needed Traore on regardless of the chances we created against the 10 men.

• Like 1

Â