Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thanks Dem. Crowds are a massive part of football. That season was just bizarre and really shouldn’t be referenced to make points. I mean we beat Liverpool 7-2 and Bamford scored 17 goals ffs. Including a hatrick at Villa!

These things just aren’t normal

Yet, these things just aren't normal yet

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly. Some bizarre play. We never would have beaten liverpool 7-2 if there was fans. That was just a crazy season. Its made how fans make such a difference 

Watford smashed them 5 months before 3-0 with fans playing a similar tactic

Why would we not since we did

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Because once we got a good lead the fans would get nervous and this would affect the players who would then sit deeper and deeper whilst making mistakes until eventually Liverpool would break us down. Completely different dynamic with crowds.

As for Watford game. Liverpool had as good as already won the league and 3 is hardly 7!

I’ve asked before, but if playing with no crowd was such a huge factor in the 7-2 win, why didn’t similar results happen on a more regular basis that season? The supporters wouldn’t have gotten on the players backs when they conceded early on against Brighton as they weren’t there. Why didn’t they just do what they did against Liverpool?

Not just us, all the matches that season. Try as I might, I can’t see the Burnley 6-1 Man City score line, or similar.

Yeah of course the (lack of) atmosphere had some effect. But maybe the greater factors were we played rather well, had a good helping of luck with some of the deflections and Liverpool had no answer to it.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

3-0 and 7-2 are completely different scorelines though. Liverpool rarwly concede 7!!

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’ve asked before, but if playing with no crowd was such a huge factor in the 7-2 win, why didn’t similar results happen on a more regular basis that season? The supporters wouldn’t have gotten on the players backs when they conceded early on against Brighton as they weren’t there. Why didn’t they just do what they did against Liverpool?

Not just us, all the matches that season. Try as I might, I can’t see the Burnley 6-1 Man City score line, or similar.

Yeah of course the (lack of) atmosphere had some effect. But maybe the greater factors were we played rather well, had a good helping of luck with some of the deflections and Liverpool had no answer to it.

As soon as I saw No Mane I knew we’d be in the game and when Alisson was missing I was confident that we’d win.

in face Bertie had 3 chances at the end to make it ten. As did Barkley 1st half) and Ollie. We targeted TAA and Gomez and allowed them to attack down our right. 

Bertie certainly is mercurial. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Agreed .

it really was just one of them games. Nearly everything we hit went in. I think there were 3 deflections in the 7. If we had similar luck on Boxing Day it could have been 7-2 again.😂

well maybe 7-3!!

Edited by Lochheads twin
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Some people seem to think that that particular set of players we had (and only our particular set of players) were just prime for no crowds. If we kept the team together and banned crowds they would have won the lot. The treble. The quadruple.

• Like 1

With regard to a straight choice between Traore and say Bailey, I personally prefer Traore. If you want a player who can go one on one with an defender and just glide past him, Bertie is your man. Does his profile fit what the current requirements are, probably not. That said I hope Bailey plays today, scores a couple and starts to build some confidence.

Â