Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

I like Traore but do we overate him on here? If his only option is Turkey you have to ask the question why, surely other teams have scoured him? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jim said:

I like Traore but do we overate him on here? If his only option is Turkey you have to ask the question why, surely other teams have scoured him? 

yes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jim said:

And people say he's not hungry...

4 hours ago, jim said:

No one is paying what we did when he played about 5 games last season so season long loan is best bet. Guess a few teams from Holland and France would come in but his salary here is probably an issue. I think they'll be more interest in him as deadline approaches so he might aswell sit tight for a few more weeks.

On 12/08/2022 at 08:44, jim said:

Partially yes, but 7 goals and 6 assists in 2020/21 were very good numbers (and IIRC he wasn't exactly a nailed on starter for the whole season).

I think the unique talent of our club to sap all of the value out of our players so that we are unable to move them on has also been a factor here

• Like 2

Silly transfer. Not what we needed at the time. Ill-suited for PL football.

Overpaid by about £10m and put him on a contract we'll be contributing towards until we release him whenever it ends.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

So we have 1 wide man for a plan B

We don’t have a Plan A so not an issue :)

Sad to see Traore go, I liked him, but no use keeping a winger if we don’t play wingers however good they are.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

We don’t have a Plan A so not an issue :)

Sad to see Traore go, I liked him, but no use keeping a winger if we don’t play wingers however good they are.

Very sad - but the guy deserves to be show casing his talents so I wish him luck 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Silly transfer. Not what we needed at the time. Ill-suited for PL football.

Overpaid by about £10m and put him on a contract we'll be contributing towards until we release him whenever it ends.

He's not what Gerrard seemingly wants but he did fine in 20/21 especially over the winter period when he finally had a run of starts so he's a long way from some of the deals we've done since promotion.

• Like 2

I don't know why we are letting him go.

Even with 5 subs, we are going to become so predictable, X replaces Y every game or vice versa. Traore is a wildcard which would be great to have as a option.

Now, if he wants to play week in week out that's a different story.

• Like 2

Â