Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I can't see how we sell Bert for £7m!! just won't be happening. He showed what he can do in the League last season with 14 goal contributions which is a better per 90 stat than Watkins I think. We'd get near 4/5m for a season loan fee if Tuanzebe was to cost us £5m fee. 

AEG got 10 last season and we gave him away.

We paid that much for Axel and said at the time it was an absolute waste of money. Nobody is paying £5m loan packages for players. Be very interesting to know what we got for Targett.

Edited by rodders0223

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I can't see how we sell Bert for £7m!! just won't be happening. He showed what he can do in the League last season with 14 goal contributions which is a better per 90 stat than Watkins I think. We'd get near 4/5m for a season loan fee if Tuanzebe was to cost us £5m fee. 

From who?

Mental to pay the price we did. Club's fault.

6 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Traore is a luxury player that we can’t afford to carry in games at the moment when he’s having one of his off days.

I would love to see him get more game time when we have improved the central midfield positions though.

Like our number 23 then

2 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Bailey had a good season 20/21 in the Bundeliga with 9 goals and 8 assists, while Traore in the Prem made 7 goals and 7 assists. Maybe the difference in quality between them isn't that big. 

Sadly the main similarity between those two, is the amount of time they spend injury free and on the field. 

22 hours ago, John said:

Sadly the main similarity between those two, is the amount of time they spend injury free and on the field. 

First time Traore has had injury issues in his career.

I think we might have a problem with training or a poor strength and conditioning departement. Last season we mainly went injury free except the captain and I think Trezeguet. 

This season we have had too many injuries 

• 2 weeks later...

Another reason why this has been a boring season is the lack of Traore. He seems to be too much of an entertainer or maverick for this manager style of play when he has been fit. Which is a pity

Just now, Zatman said:

Another reason why this has been a boring season is the lack of Traore. He seems to be too much of an entertainer or maverick for this manager style of play when he has been fit. Which is a pity

He's entertaining when he's good, but I'd hate to play with him.  He's unpredictable, doesn't defend well, isn't particularly quick and he's not good enough to build a team around.

But he does do some incredible things every now and again. 

Maybe we should sign Bradley Walsh in to play on tbe wing? 

He's a proper entertainer. 

Yoy can afford flair exciting players if the rest of their game is up today scratch, or if the rest of the team is good enough to accommodate him. 

Sadly neither applies here. He'll never be more rhab than a bit player for us. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Enda said:

Cameo against Burnley.

He’s been on five minutes, and he’s just reminded us about his mental floaty across the field passes.

He just boots it across the pitch without looking, completely forgot about that 

There was that good old classic traore awful 2nd touch shortly after he came on, guys inconsistent touch to touch let alone game to game, I think he's done here personally, I like him but I just don't see it

Also thought the sub and him playing wider and how rusty he set us back a bit 

Â