Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

No guarantee coutinho will be here next year... 

Also think bertie can play plan A and plan B so we'll keep him

And then it also gives us some more time with PB, Barry etc we need a squad with options and he's a good one for the next year or two

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

How random , what’s your theory on why he won’t be here next season? And don’t give me the luxury player doesn’t work for the team stuff that simply isn’t true. 

I don't think he's paticularly a luxury player, I just don't think he's anywhere near good enough for what we're trying to achieve and I imagine the board/manager will agree with that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He played LW for the Liverpool though for the most part. And a little bit of CAM when Mane joined. But mostly LW. 

You're right. As a general rule for his time with Liverpool, however in his final 6 months with Liverpool he had more appearances playing in central midfield in Klopps 4-3-3 than he did anywhere else.

I even checked because you're not the first to mention Coutinho not being a CM on VT in reply to my comments.

I'm glad I did because it has just cemented that what I have posted in regards to Phil's career adds up and carries weight to it. I mean I spent enough time watching him and reading about why it didn't work at Barca to have some insight. 

Edited by A'Villan

On 18/01/2022 at 17:55, Delphinho123 said:

I don't think he's paticularly a luxury player, I just don't think he's anywhere near good enough for what we're trying to achieve and I imagine the board/manager will agree with that. 

Not as a starter. But as a squad player he can be here definitely and help us at any level. He adds something not many players add to the team. 

26 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Not as a starter. But as a squad player he can be here definitely and help us at any level. He adds something not many players add to the team. 

I disagree, but I can see your point. I think he’ll be gone in the Summer and we’ll have Coutinho, Bailey, Buendia and Chukwuemeka competing for starting spots (provided Coutinho signs and Chuk commits his future). 

I would be very surprised if Traore is a) here next season, and b) getting any sort of game time at all.

• Haha 1

On 18/01/2022 at 17:48, Keyblade said:

I just love watching him play tbh, and want him to stay for that reason alone :D 

He is our best and our worst player to watch. When on form though he can do things that nobody else is capable of.

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well only if he's crap and we don't want him. 

Discussed in his thread at the time, a future fee agreed with barca doesn't necessarily equate to a signed contract agreed with him... He could say no even if barca can't 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Discussed in his thread at the time, a future fee agreed with barca doesn't necessarily equate to a signed contract agreed with him... He could say no even if barca can't 

I disagree, an option to buy is something automatically converted if the club want to. If that's not the case we haven't got an option to buy at all and the club have lied. What we would have then is an option to make an offer. 

The player signs the loan deal in full knowledge that we will be joining the club permanently if the offer is taken up.  Anything else is not an option to buy and should not be described as such. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

I disagree, an option to buy is something automatically converted if the club want to. If that's not the case we haven't got an option to buy at all and the club have lied. What we would have then is an offer to make an offer. 

The player signs the loan deal in full knowledge that we will be joining the club permanently if the offer is taken up.  Anything else is not an option to buy and should not be described as such. 

The fact he showed up to sign without his agent and accepted what the Villa lady said about his agent being happy with it suggests he'll be happy to stay.

Based on his first short appearance I'd be happy for him to stay too

25 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

The fact he showed up to sign without his agent and accepted what the Villa lady said about his agent being happy with it suggests he'll be happy to stay.

Based on his first short appearance I'd be happy for him to stay too

Things change quickly. Think back to Ross Barkley, or even James Rodriguez at Everton. Signs are good so far though.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Things change quickly. Think back to Ross Barkley, or even James Rodriguez at Everton. Signs are good so far though.

Understand but I think he's head and shoulders above them pair. Especially Barkley. James had no PL experience either, struggled to settle

• Like 1

On 05/01/2022 at 19:11, villalad21 said:

Traores main problem is his low footballing Iq. 

Constantly making the wrong decisions during key moments.

Disagree completely. In the final two thirds, which is often 'key moments' as you suggest, he's very clever with his decision making. In his own third, he panicks and that goes out the window completely. But generally I'd say he's a very clever player, don't know how you can say he has low IQ.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Disagree completely. In the final two thirds, which is often 'key moments' as you suggest, he's very clever with his decision making. In his own third, he panicks and that goes out the window completely. But generally I'd say he's a very clever player, don't know how you can say he has low IQ.

He makes the wrong decision nearly all of the time. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He makes the wrong decision nearly all of the time. 

How does someone get 15 goal contributions always making the wrong decision?  Is he the world's luckiest player?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

How does someone get 15 goal contributions always making the wrong decision?  Is he the world's luckiest player?

That goal vs West Brom was supposed to go left wing to Grealish 😉

• Haha 1

Â