Emiliano Martínez

hippo

11 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Maybe a bit controversial, but I think he's Martinez is the single biggest reason -- coupled with Unai and McGinn -- that we're at where we're at. He's the player with the sky-rocketing on-pitch ambition. He is absolutely desperate to win. You need a manager with that, too, but Martinez makes Unai's tactics actionable on the pitch. I never really grasped just how intelligent Martinez and also John McGinn are until this year, but I see them as authentic geniuses now, McGinn is Villa's left brain, the Architect, Martinez is Villa's right, the Soul.

God, wtf am I on about? Too much coffee tonight heh.

spacer.png

There's no doubting the seismic mentality shift of this team under Unai. I think Martinez already had it to a certain extent and you need someone like that as an on pitch example to the others. Thats why his recent "I'm a believer mate" quip seems so iconic to me. A guy that is absolutely not afraid to dare to dream or demand success of himself.

• Like 1

the thing I've often wondered , is what did Wolves , Reading fans etc make of him during his spells with them ..., My Notts County supporting friends always knew Grealish was destined for the top , i just wondered if those Reading fans thought , Wow he's something quite special  ?

or did something just suddenly click with him when he replaced Leno and then when the villa coaching staff got hold of him ? 

• Like 1

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/aston-villa-star-admits-he-threatened-to-beat-up-tottenham-player-to-keep-him-in-line/

Martinez revealed that during the World Cup final in Qatar last year, he had to pull Romero aside and threaten him after the Spurs star went in with both feet at Kylian Mbappe.

Argentina’s number one told ESPN: “I know Cuti’s (Romero) weakness, I remember in the final against France he went with both feet against Mbappe. 

“He grabbed the ball, everything. And at half-time, I grabbed him by the shirt and told him, ‘If you get kicked out, I’ll beat the sh*t out of you after the game’.

Probably not the greatest attitude from Emi, but I don't think we need to worry about Romero seeking revenge on cash 🤣

21 hours ago, VillaCon said:

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/aston-villa-star-admits-he-threatened-to-beat-up-tottenham-player-to-keep-him-in-line/

Probably not the greatest attitude from Emi, but I don't think we need to worry about Romero seeking revenge on cash 🤣

I reckon the opposite. He knows Romeros personality. Knew what needed to be said. 

• Like 2

Just now, jayEm said:

Absolutely love Emi. Do think him trying to drag the Brentford man off the ground was a big mistake, no need to inflame things that late on.

Yeah bit disappointed really as cost us Kamara (who obvs did himself no favours) for a few games

Bell end move there by Martinez falling for Maupay being his usual self. Kamara lost it (along with a few other players) but it's a situation that is caused by Martinez.

Good game apart from that and the save on Bailey was great.

2 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Absolutely love Emi. Do think him trying to drag the Brentford man off the ground was a big mistake, no need to inflame things that late on.

I could understand it if we were losing but don’t get it when we were winning. Let Maupay sit there and waste his own time. Bizarre for Emi to get rattled like that and it fed into the chaos. We had no composure after going 2-1 up. 

• Like 2

Â