Emiliano Martínez

hippo

It’s funny because his goalkeeping is very calm and assured. I remember Guzan would look like he’s done two lines and seemed so jittery but Emi plays so normally and then is an absolute madman once the ball is out of play. 

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

First save in the sequence is good play, but sort of lucky.  I don't mean that in a bad way, he makes himself big and makes the save - it's good, but "just" hits him...

...the one from Hojbjerg though, wow.

Its his speed off the line that allows him to save it. We have an incredibly athletic monster in goal

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Comon mate we are talking about domestic football,  how many times to you hear the Sky media talk about Emi in the same conversation as Allison or Ederson.

you do have a point. allison is talked about as one of the PL's best keepers currently. pundits make it up a lot of the time and just assume "well he plays for liverpool so must be one of the best". if he or edison won the award martinez did then every time their name gets mentioned on tv it would be preceded by "the world number one"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Haha. @mjmooney posting pictures of YouTube influencers. 

I wouldn't know a YouTube influencer from a hole in the ground.

I don't give a shit who it is, the sentiment on the banner is the thing. 

Having that combination of confidence, decent distribution, incredible athleticism and being a generally big unit means he ticks all the boxes. Christ, he's some footballer.

I know it means nothing but that Trafermarkt website gives him an estimated value of £28m. Edison is rated at £40m. David Raya £32m. Hahahaha.

7 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Having that combination of confidence, decent distribution, incredible athleticism and being a generally big unit means he ticks all the boxes. Christ, he's some footballer.

I know it means nothing but that Trafermarkt website gives him an estimated value of £28m. Edison is rated at £40m. David Raya £32m. Hahahaha.

They're all massively under valued. That site is about 10 years out of date with its valuations. 

But also, yes, he's worth more than either of them. He's not desperate to leave and we have him on a long contract. Throw in that he's better than them and there's only one conclusion. 

• Like 1

The save from Johnson was incredible. He was in his usual position a few yards off the line but as soon as Johnson got through he closed the angle instantly and then saved with his knee - he made the movement towards the ball with his knee.

The save from Hojberg equally as good but for different reasons. Not least the face he probably didn’t see it until it went past the last defender.

Â