Emiliano Martínez

hippo

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

a guy who put a hattrick past him

I love Mbappe, obviously he’s a world class player, but this hattrick did involve two penalties. Same as Messi becoming the first to score in every round at the World Cup - yes, technically, but it’s slightly different when the % of them that are penalties is 60%+.

Not to criticise either obviously, they are world class and have just contested an incredible final between them.

• Like 1

Meh, the France players were singing about Messi being pocketed by Kante in the last World Cup either after winning the thing or knocking them out. Maybe even both.

The Argentina players are doing the same now with Mbappé. I don’t see the big deal. 

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Meh, the France players were singing about Messi being pocketed by Kante in the last World Cup either after winning the thing or knocking them. Maybe even both.

The Argentina players are doing the same now woth Mbappé. I don’t see the big deal. 

Well when you put it that way, it’s not so bad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Paulo Dybala: "When I was subbed on I knew it was so I could take a penalty. I had planned to hit my pen across the ball, to my right (and Lloris' left). But Emiliano 'Dibu' Martinez advised me to hit it down the middle, as they had just missed a pen and thus Lloris was likely to dive to a side"

Elite level mindset from Emi.

But why would a keeper dive if they’ve just missed a pen? Don’t really get that. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

But why would a keeper dive if they’ve just missed a pen? Don’t really get that. 

I would imagine it's because most players hit their penalties to the left or right.  So, after missing one Lloris would dive to either left or right hoping he's picked the right side so having a higher chance of saving it.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Maybe its because diving to a side is the more "traditional" option and staying in the middle is the more "experimental" option. In the keeper's head, he just saw his team miss a shot so the he feels the pressure to save this shot to make it even. So he defaults to the traditional option. 

This sounds like a stretch I know, but there must be some sense to it. 

Although if it is true, I'm surprised its not more well known. Not hard for at least one club out there to get some data analyst to just analyze penalties for patterns like this. Surely something like this would've come up.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

12 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I take it back regards the Photoshop of Mbappe on the doll. Blimey Dibu, you really are a head case and half!

I mean, chances are someone in the crowd just threw it up to him. and he caught it and started having a laugh.  

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a bit kick a man while his down though isn’t it?  Kick a kid almost! Easy to forget Mbappe only 23. 

Anyway who cares. Get your ass home Emi!

This 23 year old 'kid' was a key player in winning the World Cup four years ago, has almost scored more World Cup goals than anyone else ever, and is paid the thick end of a million quid a week, he can take a small amount of public criticism for something he said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Seems like he'll be back for Liverpool, Spurs and Wolves games then given 7 days off before returning for Leeds 

If that's true then I love the man even more. The club would have offered him the time off I'm sure. If true then it really is Emi wanting to be back, wanting to help the cause. And naturally to be back home with his family and share this with his mates he sees every day at BMH.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This 23 year old 'kid' was a key player in winning the World Cup four years ago, has almost scored more World Cup goals than anyone else ever, and is paid the thick end of a million quid a week, he can take a small amount of public criticism for something he said. 

Also, he's 24 now and Emi is only 6 years older than him.

• Like 1

Â