Emiliano Martínez

hippo

4 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

If this didn't happen we likely would've been relegated, Emi wouldn't have come to Villa, he wouldn't have been selected for Argentina and he wouldn't have been able to carry them to three trophies in a row.

When you think about it, both Emi and Messi have a lot to thank Nyland for.

Absolute horse**** that if that goal counts we likely would have been relegated.

I'm sure people think this was the last minute of the last game of the season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I hope he does make it back, our backups aren't even close to his level, fit or not. I just meant I could understand if he didn't.

I can't see Messi being back in Paris a week on Wednesday.

Think we'll just say to him we'll rest him v Stevenage if he plays the three games over xmas so he can have a weekend away somewhere to rest and then come back for the Leeds game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a massive fine tbh. I thought it was funny as ****, but doing that on stage in front of a billion+ people and the local dignitaries was a bold move. 

Agreed, I thought it was funny as **** in the moment , now the moment is being analysed it could be seen as quite disgusting or whatever. Unfortunately Emi doesn’t have another moment to replicate or think what’s the perfect celebration in that moment. At least it wasn’t anything outfight offensive but rather suggestive 

Emi clearly feels a lot of power through his groin region and I think that needs to be taken into consideration 

Edited by fightoffyour

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is there an alternate universe where it could be " Quality Players will now have a second look at playing for Villa due to the likes of World Cup winner Emi Martinez " 🤔

I think the uber-rich owners and Emery will have a bigger say.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Absolute horse**** that if that goal counts we likely would have been relegated.

I'm sure people think this was the last minute of the last game of the season.

I was making a joke about Nyland being responsible for Argentina winning the world cup, but ok.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We should've made him captain in the summer. He was obvious choice once it was deemed Mings would no longer have the role.

He was captain v Man. United wasn't he with McGinn dropped so in short run that is easy decision for club to keep him engaged with us.

Do worry someone like Atletico Madrid might be interested. Oblak contract is running down, they're always in CL, he's previously lived in Madrid playing for Getafe on loan and they have argentine manager and many players.

Hopefully he's miles out of their price range as we're in nice position as he signed new long term deal exactly a year ago IIRC.

If Mings was going to be dropped Emi as the obvious choice to be captain. Literally the only argument against was some people don’t like goalkeepers being captains because they’re too far away from the action / referee.

31 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

No idea about the translation but there seems to be a bit of a backlash about this already.

What are we saying? A bit of a rude gesture? Caught in the moment? Funny as ****?

Backlash from who?  He’s just won a World Cup and is very very emotional. Its a minor moment really and will be forgotten about in no time. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Backlash from who?  He’s just won a World Cup and is very very emotional. Its a minor moment really and will be forgotten about in no time. 

wouldn't be so sure about that. it's going to be a meme for a very long time IMO

There is Emi thrusting when he wins the Copa America, the dance against the post when (we beat Man Utd?), the hip wiggle when he wins the World Cup and the gold hand on cock when he collects the trophy. 

We need a super gif of these together!

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Utd won't shift de gea because of his wages and don't get me wrong Chelsea are bat shit crazy but mendy won fifa keeper of thr year last year and his back up is the most expensive keeper in history (who I'm also guessing is still there because they can't shift him)

De Gea’s contract is up in summer, and likely won’t be extended. So United will need a goalkeeper this summer.

They might have other GK targets, but don’t be shocked if they go for Emi.

Â