Emiliano Martínez

hippo

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Any player on here that has a good run of form some people want to sell. Emi, Luiz, Konsa and Bailey now people saying he will leave

Negativity for negativity sake

Exactly. It's a small-time mentality. Just sit back and enjoy instead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Any player on here that has a good run of form some people want to sell. Emi, Luiz, Konsa and Bailey now people saying he will leave

Negativity for negativity sake

In this thread: People appreciating Emi and a tiny number of people saying we could lose him to a CL club.

Not in this thread: Anybody at all "wanting" to sell.

The negativity comes from people like you twisting genuine comments to create a argument and this sense that people want bad things to happen. It's tiring and I can't stand it. It's just BS because you want to post edgily. 

Ironically, posts like yours are negative for negativities sake

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Not if you’re Australian. First time ever I was hoping he wouldn’t save a goal.

Very understandable, it was still a good save though.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, macandally said:

I am going to stick my head above the parapet and say Emi loves Villa and has no reason or desire to leave.

Think he is here till he retires 

Sorry to say, but if a CL club comes in for him, he'll be off. As would any other player.

9 hours ago, Strog said:

Very understandable, it was still a good save though.

As soon as Kuol got free to take the shot I knew Emi would save it 😢

I'm not really worried about him leaving. Remember what the move to Aston Villa has done for him and his career. He's gone from a relative unknown backup to the Argentinian #1, winning a Copa America to break a big drought, and being among the favourites for the World Cup, into the quarter finals. He's absolutely living his dream at the moment. A very big CL club could turn his head but not just any CL club. There is a fair bit of prestige in playing in the Premier League as well. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

As soon as Kuol got free to take the shot I knew Emi would save it 😢

I'm not really worried about him leaving. Remember what the move to Aston Villa has done for him and his career. He's gone from a relative unknown backup to the Argentinian #1, winning a Copa America to break a big drought, and being among the favourites for the World Cup, into the quarter finals. He's absolutely living his dream at the moment. A very big CL club could turn his head but not just any CL club. There is a fair bit of prestige in playing in the Premier League as well. 

I’m not worried either. I think he realises how much Villa has done for his career and he’ll only move, in the short term, if the club are made an offer they can’t refuse.

1 hour ago, macandally said:

Let’s see, I am not worried, he has done the bench at a CL club, think he likes being our Nr 1

Agreed, though how we do with Emery for the rest of the season will be pivotal. If we do have a strong rest of season and are nibbling on the edges of the european places he'll stay. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Sorry to say, but if a CL club comes in for him, he'll be off. As would any other player.

I just do not see it as that straighforward  . He has lived in the UK for 12 years now. His wife has lived here all her life. Their kids are being brought up in England. 

Massive upheaval for him and his family. He  isnt a nomad like alot of South American players are. 

He has grown up watching Arsenal play in Europe.  He has always wanted to play in the Prem. Never heard him wax lyrical about the Champs league. 

And finally he happily signed a 6 year deal and told everyone he loves this club. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Who is this Champions League club? 

City -Ederson

Liverpool - Alisson

Bayern - Neuer

PSG - Donnarumm

Chelsea - Mendy

Real - Courtois

Barcelona - Ter Stegen

Atletico - Oblak

These are the only Champions League clubs that could probably afford him. His Arsenal history probably rules them and Spurs out and United will go for a more mobile passer to join in defence/midfield to replace De Gea like Ajax had

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I just do not see it as that straighforward  . He has lived in the UK for 12 years now. His wife has lived here all her life. Their kids are being brought up in England. 

Massive upheaval for him and his family. He  isnt a nomad like alot of South American players are. 

He has grown up watching Arsenal play in Europe.  He has always wanted to play in the Prem. Never heard him wax lyrical about the Champs league. 

And finally he happily signed a 6 year deal and told everyone he loves this club. 

She was born in Argentina.

Â