Matty Cash

paul514

Posted (edited)

I know Cash is always very funny but I do wish we had a but better representation on things like this.

Grealish into Cash makes us seem like the thickest club in the league.

Edited by MotoMkali

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I know Cash is always very funny but I do wish we had a but better representation on things like this.

Rogers is an intelligent guy, and Youri

Edited by Tom13

7 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I’ve not seen it but apparently there was clip with Cash yesterday identifying where clubs were on a UK map, he managed to get 5/15 🤦🏻‍♂️

He's not going on Mastermind lads, he's our right back, I'm fine with him not knowing what a Zombie Apocalypse is or where some stadiums are on a map. I don't want him turning up to training studying a map of the UK, thanks.

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Rogers is an intelligent guy, and Youri

We have a number of players who come off as well spoken, Mings too, Watkins (save that time pressure game)

Team has come so far since Emery joined, Cash hasn't kept up. He can't be more than back up next season if we aim to stay where we are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Team has come so far since Emery joined, Cash hasn't kept up. He can't be more than back up next season if we aim to stay where we are.

I totally agree brother. It’s an absolute necessity to get a good RB in. Cash nor Konsa are it. RB and DM are the ones we need to strengthen 

• Like 1

He’s our right back

he’s our number

he signed for villa, the polish Cafu 

he’s down the right 

and he loves to cut back 

and he goes back the name of Matty Cash

He's the only player you can say hasn't improved under Emery. That tells you

1 he isn't intelligent enough to learn what is being coached

2 he won't be here much longer

• Like 1

I'm going against the grain of recent posts but I think he did okay, He isn't a winger but needs must and with all the injuries he has found himself pushed further forward. I didn't think the movement around or in front of him was the best but he put a real shift in and did his best which is all you can ask. 

• Like 2

Cash started as a winger but doesn’t have the agility either. What’s been good about his play before is his dynamism. Making a cross. He just refused to do it. He dived instead of throwing himself at a good chance. He’s got the ability but his decision making makes his play so easily readable and defend against. I appreciate that he really did try. He’s a grafter. But he doesn’t have the brain to be at the level we move towards. Handy in the squad for sure. But we saw the best and worst of him tonight. 

I know we've got insane injury issues but relying on Cash in an attacking sense should never ever be done.

Not a creative or composed bone in his body. Awful tonight. So much space second half and as usual did **** all with it. I'm sick of it now tbh.

32 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Half decent full back but looks miles worse in this system. Team is a level above now, time to shift out and replace.

I think cash's biggest strength really works against him for emery. He's average at everything. The issue is he's also not above average at anything. Which makes him a very hard fit tactically. 

Like he can recycle possession and keep the ball but if he's doing that he's not going to pick forward passes, he can hit some OK crosses and arrive at the backpost but he's not going to finish difficult chances or pick out a player in the box, he can put in a challenge and has recovery pace but he lacks awareness and can't read the flight of a ball. So fot a coach who isn't really demanding anything specific of a player he can be versatile and do a job at anything. But when he's the widest man in attack he's flawed and when he's sitting as part of a back 3 he's flawed which means he's ineffective. 

Â