Matty Cash

paul514

2 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Look we all know, Matty is not the best player in the squad, but he always tries his very best. I do think his starting point for the goal is questionable but I don’t hold this against him in any way. 
I think he very much has a role to play in the run in 

I hope not.

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He’s crap isn’t he?

Not really, no. He’s had a bad season, but today’s performance was fine. People latching on to him today because of the recent narrative about him, and because of Utd’s winner, but watch the game back and you’ll see a lot of very good work by Cash today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KentVillan said:

Not really, no. He’s had a bad season, but today’s performance was fine. People latching on to him today because of the recent narrative about him, and because of Utd’s winner, but watch the game back and you’ll see a lot of very good work by Cash today.

I was one of the ones saying the criticism of him was OTT. 

But I thought he was shit today

I’m one of his biggest critics but today he was fine.  Rashford never got a sniff and he’s playing behind Bailey who doesn’t give much protection as Moreno would get on other side.  

He's ok but he's where we were rather than where we're going 

That's why the criticism of him is OTT, he's been a good player for us over the duration of his time here, we've just moved past him 

Not actually seen the whole move yet for the winner, interested to know how Mctominay ended up vs cash, guessing no one in midfield tracked the run and cash is covering from the wrong side, also to be fair to the attacking team which is hardly ever the case the cross is absolutely on the money, it's as good a cross as you'll see all season it's that inch perfect, Mctominay doesn't actually have to do a fat lot, it's not a contested ball it's plonked on his head 

Edited by villa4europe

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

He's ok but he's where we were rather than where we're going 

That's why the criticism of him is OTT, he's been a good player for us over the duration of his time here, we've just moved past him 

Not actually seen the whole move yet for the winner, interested to know how Mctominay ended up vs cash, guessing no one in midfield tracked the run and cash is covering from the wrong side, also to be fair to the attacking team which is hardly ever the case the cross is absolutely on the money, it's as good a cross as you'll see all season it's that inch perfect, Mctominay doesn't actually have to do a fat lot, it's not a contested ball it's plonked on his head 

He was in between Diego and Cash but to be honest, it was a wicked cross. Diego never really checks over his shoulder and Cash was no match on McToms inside positioning. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In another year or two he'll start to lose some pace so will have to learn a bit more to read the game just like Kyle Walker has to.

Kyle Walker is still one of the quickest in the league 

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Kyle Walker is still one of the quickest in the league 

He is but he's far better reading the game now than even when he was at Spurs so that's a combination of good coaching and just general experience.

Cash will have to learn that when he loses half a yard of acceleration otherwise he will be dropping back down the league.

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Ding ding ding ding ding!!! 

Seen these sarcastic remarks in two threads now.

It's a universally-used word to describe something that Villa fans are absolutely world class experts in. Hardly shocking that it gets used on these forums when some our fans are so quick to point fingers at their own players, and have been for decades.

• Like 1

Just now, gilbertoAVFC said:

Seen these sarcastic remarks in two threads now.

It's a universally-used word to describe something that Villa fans are absolutely world class experts in. Hardly shocking that it gets used on these forums when some our fans are so quick to point fingers at their own players, and have been for decades.

Or its just a comment how if anyone dares to criticise the performance of one of our players, they instantly become a scapegoat. 

• Like 1

I get Matt Targett vibes with him. Decent player, good to have in the squad but doesn’t fit the managers system.

Targett didn’t suit Gerrard’s attacking full backs so the club got Digne and he got moved on. Cash doesn’t suit Emerys system and will no doubt get moved on late in the transfer window when he doesn’t start any of the first 4 games or so of next season. Don’t think Cash will want to leave but will probably find his game time limited after the club sign a CB that can play RB in the summer that can be back up to Konsa. 

Edited by RichW

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Or its just a comment how if anyone dares to criticise the performance of one of our players, they instantly become a scapegoat. 

The criticism is often so far over the top though when a player has a couple of bad games, and people pile-on when a few people mention someone, and go too far. This is clearly the case with Cash and Carlos currently.

It's the definition of scapegoating because they've, overall, been fine.

This season, despite being brilliant for most of it, there are 6/7 players who have got loads of abuse off fans online at different times.

• Like 1

He’s become a squad player in the making…

Unai will want him replaced by someone significantly better…

At least with Moreno and Digne there is competition for the LB spot…

I get the feeling whoever Unai has lined up for RB will be light years ahead of Matty… and as much as it sucks for Cash and I feel for him and wish him the best…
What the club (and Emery) wants comes first

Edited by DJ_Villain
Poor grammar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

He’s become a squad player in the making…

Unai will want him replaced by someone significantly better…

At least with Moreno and Digne there is competition for the LB spot…

I get the feeling whoever Unai has lined up for RB will be light years ahead of Matty… and as much as it sucks for Cash and I feel for him and wish him the best…
The club (and what Emery wants) comes first

Spot on. Doesn’t mean Cash is a bad player. It just means we are getting better.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like Cash. I think the problem is we are growing as a team and he isn’t on the levels we are aspiring too. He’s fine for the time being though.

Exactly…

when he was signed, we needed a player of his calibre - and he fit the bill magnificently at the time - but we have rolled on much further than his ability will allow him to keep up with…

The management structure and quality of players around him have improved significantly since he signed and, as shitty as it sounds to say about someone who has been brilliant for us - there are better options out there for us who we are now more than capable of convincing to play for us

Edited by DJ_Villain
  • Like 1

Â