Matty Cash

paul514

5 minutes ago, useless said:

If we were spending this much on Rico Henry or even Bogle I bet people would be raving about the signing, Cash has looked better than both of them this season

Henry is just too small and going forward or defensively even is just decent. I don't get the hype at all.

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

what a strange comment. 

I'd hope Purslow didn't meet the asking price, and haggled them down every penny, leaving more cash available to spend on other players!

absolutely. nice to see us behave like a big club. dont give a **** if you want 16m up front forest, we're bigger than you. take 14m + potential add ons and be happy with it

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

So very sorry. The club will try it's best to deliver Messi for you by the close of business.

Ah yes of course, because 1 rung up from Matty Cash is the greatest player to ever play the game. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Hoping for the best.

This feels a bit Martin O'Neilly to me.

Why?  Because he's English and we didn't pluck him out of the French 2nd division?  A MON signing would be Fredericks from West Ham for 25 Million in today's prices...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Why?  Because he's English and we didn't pluck him out of the French 2nd division?  A MON signing would be Fredericks from West Ham for 25 Million in today's prices...

Who wouldn't then play because MON would probably play Nakamba at RB.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Some people on this board have forgotten the time we acted like a big club and bought top young english players.  It feels strange and alien to them. They'd rather we haggle over a few mill and sign donkeys from Belgium quoting moneyball and resale value.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

So very sorry. The club will try it's best to deliver Messi for you by the close of business.

Yeah that’s the kind of stupid response I’d expect because I’m not fussed about a signing that you go to the extreme about the best player in the world.  Idiot!

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Some people on this board have forgotten the time we acted like a big club and bought top young english players.  It feels strange and alien to them. They'd rather we haggle over a few mill and sign donkeys from Belgium.

When was that? Deadly's time?

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Blah signing, hope he does well.  Not overly inspiring, not in a position that was priority and not a signing that materially improves our starting XI but welcome anyway...

Kind of my feelings as well. He might do well for us but not quite the 'next level' type signing we need. I expect those are very hard to get.

I know this is a different era and we are still on our way back but if we had bought a championship right back about five years ago, I don't think the reception would have been great.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Some people on this board have forgotten the time we acted like a big club and bought top young english players. 

Konsa

Targett

McGinn (kind of)

Mings

All have potential to be 'top' (depending how you define top)... decent Premier League level?

Not really the most exciting transfer, though mostly due to the RB position being one of the least in need for an upgrade/addition imo. With that said his versatility is a big plus and it also indicates he has lots of natural talent. Will be very interesting to see where and how he slots into the team if he joins!  

Edited by trom_borg

Â