Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

Please with the GW so far 69 points with DCL to go, then 10 players playing again midweek.

Triple captain on Fernandes hasn't yet paid off mind.

Glad I didn't Wildcard as I would no doubt have less points right now.

Well unless something miraculously changes midweek it's going to be a very rough GW for me. 35 points with 9 to go.

I had a few good weeks in a row so one like this was bound to happen. 

Made a last minute decision to give Dias the armband. All my players on Saturday had a return. Last minute decision not to transfer Barnes in.

Looked like finally everything was coming up Milhouse.

Saka doesn't play. Tarkowski with a bagel. James Rodriguez not even in the squad.

Europa League Oops GIF by UEFA

• Like 1

Yeah I think Barnes stung a lot of people. he had something like 1.3m transfers in. That was a tough pill to swallow, especially as my alternative was Son

I don't mind the Barnes thing tbh. I brought him in partly to replace Grealish and partly to cover off everyone buying Barnes. In that sense we're all in the same boat so I see it as no disadvantage.

Yesterday could have gone a whole lot worse for me too.  As a non-Everton owner I'll take a DCL blank and a Digne clean sheet against my Vestergaard 2 pointer.  Now on to tonight's version of Pep roulette. I'm feeling lucky.

What's your FPL count tonight? Mine is 4. Martinez, Watkins, Shaw & Fernandes. That's probably on the low side so I'll expect a rank drop. I expect plenty have Leicester assets, triple Villa, the odd Burnley and maybe a Rashford. I'm very template tonight.

Currently on a 76k green arrow though so we're OK :thumb:

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I hate myself for picking City players during my wild card. Dumbest thing ever

It's gone beyond roulette now. It's basically in then out. City players are a liability.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

What's your FPL count tonight? Mine is 4. Martinez, Watkins, Shaw & Fernandes. That's probably on the low side so I'll expect a rank drop. I expect plenty have Leicester assets, triple Villa, the odd Burnley and maybe a Rashford. I'm very template tonight.

Currently on a 76k green arrow though so we're OK :thumb:

3 for me. Martinez, Lowton & Fernandes. I don’t actually think there will be too many with Leicester assets to cause a significant drop. Most people have Barnes, Maddison or Vardy. With a few people having fullbacks.

I need DCL and Digne to pull out big numbers tomorrow for me. Ofherwise it looks like I’m on a small red arrow of about 10-20k.

• Like 1

Well my TC Traore gamble didn’t pay off. Felt I had to do something though as I’m languishing around the mid 300k mark. Wasn’t far off two goals tonight and 45 points, fine margins. Ready to watch Kane punish me for not going with him as originally planned tomorrow now.

All round poor GW for me. Took a -8 to bring in Kane and DCL (for Ings and Bamford) so need returns tomorrow to make that worthwhile. Had to pick one DGW defender to sit on my bench. Went for Shaw (2 clean sheets) and played both Cancelo and Pereira (4 points between them). At least Dias got some points. 

6 points behind my ‘safety score’ with only Kane, Salah and DCL to go. Looks like another red arrow this week.

Sitting on 85 (with a - 4) so currently green arrowed and 11 ahead of the safety score. Hoping for a Kane blank (dreaming of a red card or own goal) as I've not got him. I put my TC on DCL and his blank hurt so hopefully he remedies that. 

Having a very average week. 30k red arrow as it stands but got Kane TC to come tonight so a goal or two from him could rescue this week for me. 

I've had a lot of good weeks in a row so it's been coming, just disappointing when it's on a huge DGW.

I'm having a weird one, and I promise this is not a humblebrag. It's a good week. Better than most, but then I did wildcard last week with a view to a bench boost this week so it bloody should be better than most, and yet it could have been so much more. So many missed points and blanks.  I guess I should be thankful for the points that did come in.  At one point I was on 71 with 13 left to play thinking the ton would be easy, and yet here I am on 90(-4) with 6 to play and once again they're conspiring to miss out. They probably will still get the ton but it'll be a struggle. The week should be stacked in my favour, so all things considered it's been a bit meh despite the green arrow.

• Like 1

Funnily enough my sister is playing this season for the first time and I've helped her quite a lot. I advised her to wildcard last week so she could bench boost this week and helped her pick her wildcard squad last week.

They're probably the best transfers I've made all season and they're not even for my own team! The highlight being telling her to sign Guaita as her second keeper to use on the bench boost as I had a feeling he could get a clean sheet against Fulham. I didn't expect him to get a second clean sheet against Man utd :D 

She's on 103 with 5 to play, including her captain (Son)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm having a weird one, and I promise this is not a humblebrag. It's a good week. Better than most, but then I did wildcard last week with a view to a bench boost this week so it bloody should be better than most, and yet it could have been so much more. So many missed points and blanks.  I guess I should be thankful for the points that did come in.  At one point I was on 71 with 13 left to play thinking the ton would be easy, and yet here I am on 90(-4) with 6 to play and once again they're conspiring to miss out. They probably will still get the ton but it'll be a struggle. The week should be stacked in my favour, so all things considered it's been a bit meh despite the green arrow.

I know the feeling. There's been a few weeks this year that have been good, but feel like they were this close to being absolute monsters!

I was on 45 points after my first four matches and with 22 matches to go (also used bench boost). Looked like I was going to cruise to my highest points total, well over 100. Now I'm barely limping towards 100...had five to play tonight but Reguilon on the bench and James MIA.

What a weird GW and season in general.