Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

I'm hoping the Twittersphere is far more clued in to gw29 than your average FPL player is, and that having any more than 7 players will in fact be a very very good thing.  You can sometimes be forgiven for thinking Twitter is representative, but actually it's not. 

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I've got 9 as things stand (with 2 FTs in hand) but two of those are Son and Bamford so potentially only 7. I'll probably wait until after the EL games before I do anything though, I'm eyeing a cheap Arsenal attacker instead of Auba I think.

I'm exactly the same position as you. Was thinking Cresswell or Targett. but of the 3 DF I have playing I don't want to lose one long term and feels a waste of a transfer (and price rises) to bring back in a few weeks. 

Completely stumped on who to transfer in at the moment. 

There's a calmness and a serenity to having got to blank week 29 without being punished by Mo. Now with him blanking we can all (non-owners) take stock and plot the run-in :)

• Like 1

I'm a genius at this game. 22 points this weekend.

I had Schmeichel in goal and Martinez on the bench. After seeing Martinez doing well the last couple of matches I subbed him on. We concede on OT and Schmeichel doesn't. Great.

I had Cancelo and Stones. Subbed them off cause I was tired of City rotating. Stones scored. Cancelo with the assist. Aces.

I had Foden. Subbed off Foden with Prowse and made Prowse captain. Foden got 11 points. Prowse 4.

I got Son who got injured.

I brought in Kane who did dick.

I have Bamford who got injured.

I got Watkins who were denied a goal.

My bench has more points than my first 11. Shit you not.

I almost feel I deserve an award for being so absolutely utterly useless at this game.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I had Schmeichel in goal and Martinez on the bench. After seeing Martinez doing well the last couple of matches I subbed him on. We concede on OT and Schmeichel doesn't. Great.

I had Cancelo and Stones. Subbed them off cause I was tired of City rotating. Stones scored. Cancelo with the assist. Aces.

I had Foden. Subbed off Foden with Prowse and made Prowse captain. Foden got 11 points. Prowse 4.

I almost feel I deserve an award for being so absolutely utterly useless at this game.

Textbook and multiple case where sometimes no action is the best course of action. I feel like you really asked for it with the Leicester and the Man City changes. They were not rocket surgery even in hindsight. But yeah I guess a congrats of sorts on doing that many in the same week. That's some doing.

I actually believed it would be a bunch of upsets that week. I thought Wolves would win, Fulham, West Ham, Arsenal, Leeds and I had a draw on Sheffield.

Not sure what I'd been smoking tbh.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I shouldn't laugh but that is like a caricature of how FPL seems to go some weeks.

I never bench my City assets though (Pep does it for me unfortunately). If they play they return a decent amount and if (when) they don't then my subs fill in with 2 points.

Edited by YouUnastanFren

25 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

Textbook and multiple case where sometimes no action is the best course of action. I feel like you really asked for it with the Leicester and the Man City changes. They were not rocket surgery even in hindsight. But yeah I guess a congrats of sorts on doing that many in the same week. That's some doing.

Yeah the Man City one is a big miss to be honest. Cancelo and Stones not paying the game before last almost guaranteed they would start this one. And with it being fulham it should have been a no brainer to start them

Most of the rest is quite unlucky. Except Captaining JWP. That's very bold!

5 hours ago, BOF said:

I'm hoping the Twittersphere is far more clued in to gw29 than your average FPL player is, and that having any more than 7 players will in fact be a very very good thing.  You can sometimes be forgiven for thinking Twitter is representative, but actually it's not. 

Yeah I hope this too. And as easier as it made it, having Spurs and Villa move to 29 made it much easier for more casual players to fluke a decent team. If that game hadn't been happening it would have been carnage. But yeah I'll have 10 players and MIGHT take a -4 to ensure I have a full XI so hoping that ensures a rank rise.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

There's a calmness and a serenity to having got to blank week 29 without being punished by Mo. Now with him blanking we can all (non-owners) take stock and plot the run-in :)

I was very close to ditching Salah in GW25 but bottled it. I wish I had in hindsight

Crap week, 34 points.  Pep rotation massively screwed me over benching both my captain and vice!

I also drafted in Dawson as he always seems to score.  Oh he scored alright!

Edited by Wainy316
  • Haha 2

The big decision for me this week is who to replace Barnes with. I'm set on not going for Aubameyang which means I don't really need to worry about money. So as a result I'll be doing Stones to Dunk at the back (could have been Cancelo to Veltman if I needed the cash)

So that barnes replacement is my big call. Son's injury almost certainly removes him from the equation, so I'm tempted to just have fun with it and go for a bit of a punt. Someone like El Ghazi or Trossard for example. 

Then all that remains is do I take a -4 to get a full XI out. Cancelo or Digne to Reguilon would be very tempting as I don't particularly rate our chances of scoring against Spurs unfortunately

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The big decision for me this week is who to replace Barnes with. I'm set on not going for Aubameyang which means I don't really need to worry about money. So as a result I'll be doing Stones to Dunk at the back (could have been Cancelo to Veltman if I needed the cash)

So that barnes replacement is my big call. Son's injury almost certainly removes him from the equation, so I'm tempted to just have fun with it and go for a bit of a punt. Someone like El Ghazi or Trossard for example. 

Then all that remains is do I take a -4 to get a full XI out. Cancelo or Digne to Reguilon would be very tempting as I don't particularly rate our chances of scoring against Spurs unfortunately

This injury?

• Like 1