Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

I'll finish on 84. Could have been worse but a disappointing week. Especially as I dropped the TC chip.

I nearly sold salah a couple of weeks ago for Son. I really wish I'd had the balls to do that

Scored 104 to get a 150k green arrow up to 310k. Have to be happy with that. Not going for Kane I think proved to be the right decision in the end but could have massively backfired. 

A little disappointed in wasting the TC on DCL who completely blanked in two great fixtures. Don't think I've ever had a decent return when using that chip. 

Edited by Rds1983

10 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

131 on the bench boost, I did take a -12 but it all worked out. Have to go hard at these bench boosts.

Around 20k overall rank now and still have WC, Free Hit and Triple Captain to play. Top 10k is the aim.

Yeah you're on a different level to us mere mortals this year and last year. Well done on the gamble paying off. I'm presuming you'll be free hitting 29 and wildcarding 31 at this stage?

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah you're on a different level to us mere mortals this year and last year. Well done on the gamble paying off. I'm presuming you'll be free hitting 29 and wildcarding 31 at this stage?

I never really put that much effort into it before but this pandemic has given me all the time in the world to watch football and look at fantasy stuff. Free hit in 29, not really sure about when to use the wildcard.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

131 on the bench boost, I did take a -12 but it all worked out. Have to go hard at these bench boosts.

Around 20k overall rank now and still have WC, Free Hit and Triple Captain to play. Top 10k is the aim.

Yeah this is awesome mate

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

I never really put that much effort into it before but this pandemic has given me all the time in the world to watch football and look at fantasy stuff. Free hit in 29, not really sure about when to use the wildcard.

I'd just hold onto it. If you've still got the FH to negotiate BGW29 then you don't need to play it now, especially as you're doing so well!

You're bound to get to a point after GW30 where you'd like to make 4 or 5 transfers so just play it then. Usually I'd say that is a bit of a waste but if your current team is doing this well then there's no point just wildcarding for the sake of it unless you want to be really aggressive!

The competition is objectively way tougher this season.

Last season after week 26 I had 1,529pts. That means nothing in itself. Seasons can have more points or fewer points than other seasons. But what's more telling is that my running total against the weekly average was +239pts. All of this got me a rank of 111k at the time.

This season after week 26 I have 1,686pts. That's a considerable increase of 157pts, but as I've said, it's not necessarily a like for like comparison. But I have a +322pt score above the weekly average too. A huge increase on last season.  Yet my current rank is 245k.

It's a weird one.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd just hold onto it. If you've still got the FH to negotiate BGW29 then you don't need to play it now, especially as you're doing so well!

You're bound to get to a point after GW30 where you'd like to make 4 or 5 transfers so just play it then. Usually I'd say that is a bit of a waste but if your current team is doing this well then there's no point just wildcarding for the sake of it unless you want to be really aggressive!

Yeh I will be holding for now, won't play it for the sake of it. 

Relatively speaking, a monster week for me so far. I know there's a lot of football to be played still, but I'm currently sitting at 95k up from 245k. I most likely won't stay there by gameweek's end, but it's my first trip into the top 100k this season 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Relatively speaking, a monster week for me so far. I know there's a lot of football to be played still, but I'm currently sitting at 95k up from 245k. I most likely won't stay there by gameweek's end, but it's my first trip into the top 100k this season 😁

Nice choice captaining Kane! I think most people, myself included, went for a Man City player. My green arrow is upto 87k at the moment.

I made two differential transfers this week. Lewis in for Lowton and Bale in for Barnes. Lewis had played 90+ in the last 9 games, so obviously Bruce decides to bench him as soon as I transfer him in! I just knew it was going to be a 0-0. Oh well, Fernandes comes off the bench with an unexpected haul anyway!

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Nice work! I presume you captained Kane?

I always had it on my radar that this was a week for captaining him but their last performance completely put me off so I went for Gundogan in the end

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nice work! I presume you captained Kane?

I always had it on my radar that this was a week for captaining him but their last performance completely put me off so I went for Gundogan in the end

Yeah 86pts. Returns from captain Kane, Shaw, Bruno, Vestergaard, Son & Martinez. 

14 hours ago, BOF said:

Jeeez 86 is a monster week and a half considering the average. Top 10k for the GW.

I missed the deadline again but thankfully this week it has probably saved me a few points as I'd have spent 4 getting KDB in and captaining him. Gives me two FTs to try and squeak through the blank as well.

• Like 1

Having 2 FTs is such a nice luxury to have. I've not had it in a while.  I have some middling fires to put out plus I have to navigate week 29.

Currently
1. Injured Barnes
2. Salah stinking my midfield
3. Money in Areola

I think I might hop on Bale while he's on his purple patch, plus he plays in 29. Then probably an Arsenal. I can obviously go to Saka but if I really stretch and take some hits I can get to Aubameyang. Areola can become Forster.

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think I might hop on Bale while he's on his purple patch, plus he plays in 29. Then probably an Arsenal. I can obviously go to Saka but if I really stretch and take some hits I can get to Aubameyang. Areola can become Forster.

I was thinking similar about Bale and Arsenal, just got to muster up the nerve to sell Salah now. He's looking dreadful, but at the same time is still Salah.

5 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I was thinking similar about Bale and Arsenal, just got to muster up the nerve to sell Salah now. He's looking dreadful, but at the same time is still Salah.

Yeah I don't like not owning him, and as bad as Liverpool have been, he has still somehow looked sharp.  I guess it comes back to the theory that I know he'll still score. I'm just banking on the guy I bring in scoring more, and I think Bale does that at the moment, and Auba too.  Actually I can get Auba for just the 1 hit and that's mitigated by the outgoing player not playing in 29, so not a hit at all.

The one thing nagging me is Spurs' involvement in the Europa League. They really do have a lot of games to play. But I think they smell blood in the league now with Liverpool faltering, so I think they'll probably rest players in the EL, if at all. I don't mind Bale getting 70 minutes per match if he's bagging braces every time :)