Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

My week appears to have turned around slightly as I've scraped up to 59 points with the points off my bench, Watkins becoming captain, Shaw and Dunk doing well and all the big hitters blanking. Currently back inside top 400k but need to improve that. 

Kane only getting 2 works well for me as everyone in my league has him as captain. 

Next week is looking brutal (but I suspect it is for everyone) with all the injuries to Son, Bamford etc. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

My week appears to have turned around slightly as I've scraped up to 59 points

Slightly!? Bloody hell, I think I've only seen one score above 50 in any of my private minileagues. 59 has got to be a top 100k GW score surely.

For some unknown reason I've got Salah captain for what was going to be his last hurrah until Son and Bamford got injured.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Looking like a bad week for me. 46 all out with no players playing tonight. I just know Mo Salah is going to punish me for selling him. Small red arrow as it stands but that will only grow tonight :( 

41 all out here with 3 yellow injuries and one red and 2 FTs. Need to balance having players play this week and setting up for going forward. No point filling the side with 1 and 2 pointers that I'll want rid of for minus fours over the coming weeks but also not worth bringing in non-playing targets ahead of time to not play and tie my hands in the coming weeks too.  I feel like how I navigate my transfers over the next 3 gameweeks will have a huge bearing on where I end up..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Slightly!? Bloody hell, I think I've only seen one score above 50 in any of my private minileagues. 59 has got to be a top 100k GW score surely.

For some unknown reason I've got Salah captain for what was going to be his last hurrah until Son and Bamford got injured.

FPL site hasn't got my bench points or Watkins cpt so that's only 49 I think which says my GW score is about 490k. Looking on LiveFPL it says my GW rank is 1. 3m odd so dunno what's going on there. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

FPL site hasn't got my bench points or Watkins cpt so that's only 49 I think which says my GW score is about 490k. Looking on LiveFPL it says my GW rank is 1. 3m odd so dunno what's going on there. 

LiveFPL will have calculate all of your bench and captain points already so that will be the accurate rank

1 hour ago, BOF said:

41 all out here with 3 yellow injuries and one red and 2 FTs. Need to balance having players play this week and setting up for going forward. No point filling the side with 1 and 2 pointers that I'll want rid of for minus fours over the coming weeks but also not worth bringing in non-playing targets ahead of time to not play and tie my hands in the coming weeks too.  I feel like how I navigate my transfers over the next 3 gameweeks will have a huge bearing on where I end up..

You got a wildcard left?

I can't wait for the blank to be out of the way. Feel like I've been planning for it for ages and as a result missing out on things like the chelsea defence because I wasn't signing players who blanked in GW29.

I've still got my wildcard so looking forward to Overhauling in GW31 for the run in

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You got a wildcard left?

I can't wait for the blank to be out of the way. Feel like I've been planning for it for ages and as a result missing out on things like the chelsea defence because I wasn't signing players who blanked in GW29.

I've still got my wildcard so looking forward to Overhauling in GW31 for the run in

No my WC is gone towards bench boosting in the big GW. It's all FT tinkering for me from here on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

No my WC is gone towards bench boosting in the big GW. It's all FT tinkering for me from here on.

Ah yeah that makes it much more tricky then. You really have to find that balance between concentrating on the blank and messing your team up for the run in

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Ah yeah that makes it much more tricky then. You really have to find that balance between concentrating on the blank and messing your team up for the run in

Assuming the yellows go green, I can have 9 or 10 in the blank with no hits so that's job done. I think my problem at the moment is me deciding which direction to even go in beyond 31. You can get hypnotised by good fixtures and ignore good assets. For example Wolves have great fixtures, but they're a bit shit and I'd rather own Chelsea or Leicester.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

LiveFPL will have calculate all of your bench and captain points already so that will be the accurate rank

Yeah, I know, it's more that I drop about 800k places in GW rank from 500k to 1.3m with 12 points coming off my bench. That suggests a lot of people have an awful lot of points coming off theirs (unless I'm reading it wrong or it's a glitch). 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

Yeah, I know, it's more that I drop about 800k places in GW rank from 500k to 1.3m with 12 points coming off my bench. That suggests a lot of people have an awful lot of points coming off theirs (unless I'm reading it wrong or it's a glitch). 

I think there will be a lot of bench points with the likes of Gundogan and KDB not playing. It'll probably be more the vice captains getting triggered as much as anything else.

Yeah I'm on a green arrow pre autosubs and red arrow afterwards. If I'd put Dallas first on my bench instead of Bamford I'd probably still be on a green.

I'm terrified about tonight's game. I think I'm going to turn my phone off and ignore it

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think there will be a lot of bench points with the likes of Gundogan and KDB not playing. It'll probably be more the vice captains getting triggered as much as anything else.

Yeah, I know a fair few with ones like Dallas or Struijk on their bench. I'm just surprised that a score of 12 off the bench drops me so far in GW score. There must be a lot people getting 15-20 additional points which would be great for them. 

I only drop 9k after subs according to the playmaker app. I started the GW at 135k. I'm currently 143k and I'm about to be 152k post-subs. That's obviously before Salah drybums Wolves this evening.

EDIT : And livefpl agrees (fwiw I have a 2pt haul coming off my bench).

38b265605923d510c2bd178b860ff142.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is mine. Totally fine at the moment but will only get worse tonight. Praying for a nice 1-1 with Origi and Fabio Silva scoring with no assists :) 

That reminds me.  Bad luck me.

51s39r.jpg

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, BOF said:

That reminds me.  Bad luck me.

51s39r.jpg

Haha I've been half considering Moura now that Son is out as a two week punt...

Really not sure who to go for for next week

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Haha I've been half considering Moura now that Son is out as a two week punt...

Really not sure who to go for for next week

Yeah I've been looking at him and Aubameyang. I also don't trust Mourinho not to play Son. I've kind of done out one of those roadmap thingies that I never do :P  ... which looks good for 29 and 30, but Son adds a transfer to that I'd rather not make.

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah I've been looking at him and Aubameyang. I also don't trust Mourinho not to play Son. I've kind of done out one of those roadmap thingies that I never do :P  ... which looks good for 29 and 30, but Son adds a transfer to that I'd rather not make.

I was considering trying to squeeze Auba in but it's really tight with money and after what happened I don't think it's worth the risk