Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

Gundo captain ✅

Cancelo & Stones clean sheets ✅

Lowton ✅

Son benched ✅

A good start to the week. There’s plenty that could go against me though. I got rid of Salah last week so no points there, and I’ve took two gambles in transferring in Ashley Barnes (2 pts so far) and bringing Areola off the bench for Martinez, which may be the wrong move as Martinez is having a great game so far!

66 points to start off the GW, pleased with that. 

Salah and Barnes return in the early game, Pope and then a Lowton masterclass after and to top it off a couple Man City clean sheets and a return from captain Sterling. Gundo is still hurting me though, how he's doing this I'll never know. 

Hopefully it doesn't all go wrong from now on and I have a big week. 

A poor 38 for me so far compared to the average. Dias no show, Jack and Oli doing nothing and Barnes being stuck on my bench didn't help. 

Hopefully Bruno has a great game as he's my captain and then Antonio either doesn't play tomorrow or beats Barnes score. 

I'm sat on 2FT for next week though and hopefully I'll claw back the lost ground. 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

You can all kiss goodbye to Gundogan's run because I reckon I'm gonna add him next week.

That might coincide with KDB returning which may have an effect

And wildcard triggered :) I've just laid out the potential fixtures for the next 5 weeks using Ben Crellin's work as a starting point. Man, that is not an easy section to navigate safely.  I think I've done a decent job. I've a bizarrely weak defence on paper (which includes the likes of the very in-form Brighton...) but actually I think I'll be good coming out the other side and I'll be patching it towards 29 and 31 as I go.

I think I'm committed to holding my wildcard now. I can get to 11 doubles for GW26 with one hit, and I can get to 10 or 11 playing in the blank gameweek with free transfers.

Wildcard in GW30 to set me up for the run in

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think I'm committed to holding my wildcard now. I can get to 11 doubles for GW26 with one hit, and I can get to 10 or 11 playing in the blank gameweek with free transfers.

Wildcard in GW30 to set me up for the run in

I’m in the same boat. I think I’ll need to take a -4/-8 on the BGW to get to eleven players, but I think that may be worth the gamble. Then wildcard in GW10 to get back to a ‘normal’ looking team.

Ben Mee is a good example of when having too much money in FPL can bite you on the arse.

I always intended to get a Burnley defender this week. I was planning on Lowton. But after planning my transfers up to GW 29 I realised money wasn't really that tight. So I went for Ben Mee instead because I figured he had a threat from set pieces.

Lowton scored, and now Mee is out of the second fixture anyway! If I was more bothered about money I'd be 9 points better off with a second fixture to come!

Edited by Stevo985

Same here.  Said I'd go for the guy I don't like, but who makes Burnley's defence tick. Now I should be looking at another clean sheet.

71 with 8 left is now 73 with 6 left thanks to Mee & Antonio.

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

Same here.  Said I'd go for the guy I don't like, but who makes Burnley's defence tick. Now I should be looking at another clean sheet.

71 with 8 left is now 73 with 6 left thanks to Mee & Antonio.

Yeah I was 84 with 7 left. Now 84 with 5 left. And I doubt Gundo plays so 84 from 4 really.

I mean don't get me wrong, if you'd told me that before the gameweek I'd have been thrilled. But amazing how a potential monster score can suddenly be brought back down to earth

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I was 84 with 7 left. Now 84 with 5 left. And I doubt Gundo plays so 84 from 4 really.

I mean don't get me wrong, if you'd told me that before the gameweek I'd have been thrilled. But amazing how a potential monster score can suddenly be brought back down to earth

I just want the ton. It's looking less likely than it was earlier today now. 

• Like 1

No Antonio brings Barnes off the bench which helps and puts me on 77 with 5 left to play including Rudi tonight (without Mendy). However, 1 is Gundo so that's likely 4, another is Digne against City so 2 points, another is Dias so dunno if he'll play, another is Foden so odds say it won't be a big score from him but who knows. Reckon I might just break 90 but might just break 100 if I'm very lucky. 

Cresswell is quite quickly becoming another one of those players for me that just always seems to deliver. So glad I went with him however many weeks ago instead of Coufal. 

91 points with Pope, Lowton, Stones, Cancelo and Sterling to go. I'm very pleased. 

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Cresswell is quite quickly becoming another one of those players for me that just always seems to deliver. So glad I went with him however many weeks ago instead of Coufal. 

91 points with Pope, Lowton, Stones, Cancelo and Sterling to go. I'm very pleased. 

I've had him for his good run but I'm jumping off now. I think their fixtures turn from here on. 

• Like 2

I was the opposite to you @Stevo985, I had Mee in my plans for days and then last minute decided to go differential in Lowton.

I think the logic for Mee/Tarkowski was perfectly sound. Palace who concede from set pieces and Burnley who love a header. Us Lowton owners just got massively lucky.

After Cresswell’s bonus points I’ll be on 99 with Areola, Cancelo, Stones, Digne, Lowton, Gundo and Ashley Barnes left to play :D

/smugness

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I was the opposite to you @Stevo985, I had Mee in my plans for days and then last minute decided to go differential in Lowton.

I think the logic for Mee/Tarkowski was perfectly sound. Palace who concede from set pieces and Burnley who love a header. Us Lowton owners just got massively lucky.

After Cresswell’s bonus points I’ll be on 99 with Areola, Cancelo, Stones, Digne, Lowton, Gundo and Ashley Barnes left to play :D

/smugness

Wow! I thought I was doing well :)

I'm on 98 with Pope, Stones, Cancelo and Gundo (C) still to play

But to be honest I'm not expecting Gundo or Cancelo to play. Should be joining the 100 club though!

• Like 1