Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

Ashley Barnes and Lowton goals in my team this week :lol:

What are the chances of picking two Burnley players to score 2 goals?! I probably would have made about £10,000 if I’d put a fiver on that happening.

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Ashley Barnes and Lowton goals in my team this week :lol:

What are the chances of picking two Burnley players to score 2 goals?! I probably would have made about £10,000 if I’d put a fiver on that happening.

That's a great return!

Out of my 5 Double Gameweek players, only 2 of them actually played two matches. And one of those was Pope who was outscored by Martinez on my bench :D

Not that i'm complaining. i'll finish on 102 which I'm thrilled with. But it's a bit of an anticlimactic end to the gameweek

• Like 1

Scored 98 for a nice big green arrow. Very happy with that (would have loved 2 extra points mind). 

Had a look at the top scorer for the week. Scored an impressive 164 with his BB. However they made 13 transfers for a - 48. Seems kinda pointless but guess 116 is still a good score. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Scored 98 for a nice big green arrow. Very happy with that (would have loved 2 extra points mind). 

Had a look at the top scorer for the week. Scored an impressive 164 with his BB. However they made 13 transfers for a - 48. Seems kinda pointless but guess 116 is still a good score. 

I’ve heard there are some leagues that pay winners each gameweek. So it’s going to literally be people that don’t care about their overall rank. Like you say, seems pointless, but I guess those people are playing a slightly different game to the rest of us.

118 for me overall. A nice green arrow upto 7th in the VT league. And up from about 290,000th to 150,000th worldwide. Honestly, if I can get into the top 100k I’ll be happy. 

@Stevo985 Martinez outscored Areola from my bench too. And I’m provisionally playing Areola again this week (vs SHU). I’ll never learn 😑

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I’ve heard there are some leagues that pay winners each gameweek. So it’s going to literally be people that don’t care about their overall rank. Like you say, seems pointless, but I guess those people are playing a slightly different game to the rest of us.

118 for me overall. A nice green arrow upto 7th in the VT league. And up from about 290,000th to 150,000th worldwide. Honestly, if I can get into the top 100k I’ll be happy. 

@Stevo985 Martinez outscored Areola from my bench too. And I’m provisionally playing Areola again this week (vs SHU). I’ll never learn 😑

Haha yep I'm the same.

When I wildcard next I'm going down to 1 keeper. I can't be bothered giving myself a headache each week. Martinez has shown he'll get plenty of points in unexpected weeks.

Everyone piling into Kane for the DGW. Risky doing it so early and also feels like a trap to me. Feel like Burnley and Fulham aren't as easy fixtures as people making them out to be. 

If people are getting them for the BGW29 that's something. 

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Is GW26 the one for the bench boost? Is there likely to be another round of many doubles? Is it worth bench boosting if your bench players don’t have doubles?

There will be smaller double weeks yes. And depending on your squad make-up they may be almost as beneficial to you. Highly owned teams like Villa and City will double in other weeks but there will be nothing like 26. In fact Ben Crellin things 26 might be the biggest double gameweek we've had in the history of FPL.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Everyone piling into Kane for the DGW. Risky doing it so early and also feels like a trap to me. Feel like Burnley and Fulham aren't as easy fixtures as people making them out to be. 

If people are getting them for the BGW29 that's something. 

I did both. I have Kane and I'm getting Son. It's not just the potential trap of 26. It's definitely having 2 for 29 but also FOMO. I'm fed up watching those 2 haul ass while I don't own them. Whereas now I feel all fuzzy regardless of what happens. 

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

I did both. I have Kane and I'm getting Son. It's not just the potential trap of 26. It's definitely having 2 for 29 but also FOMO. I'm fed up watching those 2 haul ass while I don't own them. Whereas now I feel all fuzzy regardless of what happens. 

I'll pick them up in due course so I'm good for 29 but don't feel the mad need this week. They're good picks but it's more the craziness of everyone on twitter and the TC talk. 

I'm also never keen on really early transfers and that's heightened this season. 

Yeah I took a -4 to get Kane and Raphina for Son and DCL. Doesn't look like it's working out this week! I do intend to get Son back for 29

The Grealish injury has thrown me into disarray to be honest. Don't know what to do now

Re- Jack. My worry is Smith will downplay it in each press conference so that opposition managers keep thinking there's a chance he comes back against them and they have to set up to cater for it. But that the reality is he stays injured for weeks. His teammates might not have transferred him out if he was only missing 1 gameweek. I think I'll do the guaranteed transfer first. Bring in Son for Jack and then decide if I want the -4 later in the week. Raphinha doesn't double and he was only supposed to be a 1 week punt.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BOF said:

Re- Jack. My worry is Smith will downplay it in each press conference so that opposition managers keep thinking there's a chance he comes back against them and they have to set up to cater for it. But that the reality is he stays injured for weeks. His teammates might not have transferred him out if he was only missing 1 gameweek. I think I'll do the guaranteed transfer first. Bring in Son for Jack and then decide if I want the -4 later in the week. Raphinha doesn't double and he was only supposed to be a 1 week punt.

I'm sure that is what will happen with Jack too. 

I've got to shift him (and potentially Watkins now too), which isn't great as I intended to have 3 Villa players in 29.

No idea who to swap Jack for. Thinking maybe KDB as I took Foden out. 

Need to think and see how much thought I should put into 29 and if it should affect everything between now and then or if I just take the hit that week and try to outscore the loss in the weeks leading up to it. 

19 minutes ago, Farlz said:

70 points with triple Leeds on Tuesday to play, pleased with that. 

Now ready for the headache which is going to be GW26 and deciding how I should play that. 

That's an excellent score for this week

6 hours ago, BOF said:

Yeah I've got two moves. Either Grealish to Son... which I almost certainly would just go for if it wasn't for Spurs being so shit. 

or

Antonio to DCL if I think Jack will be back any time soon.