Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

39 points so far, 4 to play tonight. Not great again. 

I decided to take the risk and remove Bruno and bring Aubameyang in to captain. Looked like a good decision early on Saturday but of course Arsenal just fizzled out and the 1 goal is all I got. 

My DGW26 disaster has really just killed the momentum I gained in the weeks prior to it. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Farlz said:

39 points so far, 4 to play tonight. Not great again. 

I decided to take the risk and remove Bruno and bring Aubameyang in to captain. Looked like a good decision early on Saturday but of course Arsenal just fizzled out and the 1 goal is all I got. 

My DGW26 disaster has really just killed the momentum I gained in the weeks prior to it. 

That's only a blip. You've had a hell of a run and you're still at a very good rank. If the next green is decent then it's all forgotten.

• Like 2

Cresswell's 12 pointer last night pushed me from an average week to a good week, given none of the other big assets playing in that game returned (except Lingard I guess). Into the top 200k as it stands for the first time this season, so would consider it a good week if I can hold onto that after Wednesday night. The top 100k target is still alive!

62 points with Stones, Cancelo and Gundo to play. Braced for some rotation but I'm hoping the fact they lost to United means they keep players like Gundo and Cancelo for the Southampton game to ensure they win.

Dias playing in a Clean sheet and Stones/Cancelo missing out would be the combination that would really hurt me.

Edited by Stevo985

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cresswell's 12 pointer last night pushed me from an average week to a good week, given none of the other big assets playing in that game returned (except Lingard I guess). Into the top 200k as it stands for the first time this season, so would consider it a good week if I can hold onto that after Wednesday night. The top 100k target is still alive!

62 points with Stones, Cancelo and Gundo to play. Braced for some rotation but I'm hoping the fact they lost to United means they keep players like Gundo and Cancelo for the Southampton game to ensure they win.

Dias playing in a Clean sheet and Stones/Cancelo missing out would be the combination that would really hurt me.

I cursed that **** cabbage Bamford.  He had 2 sitters which would have obviously given me his points and would have wiped a lot of West Ham clean sheets. The useless word removed.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

I cursed that **** cabbage Bamford.  He had 2 sitters which would have obviously given me his points and would have wiped a lot of West Ham clean sheets. The useless word removed.

Yeah I was annoyed by that too. But I think rank wise it probably helped me. I had Raphinha as well though so an assist to add to a Bamford goal would have probably been better than the Cresswell clean sheet.

I was disappointed with Antonio too. he wasn't bad, but no shots at all against that leeds defence is a let down. i thought it would be a big night for him

Salah to Bale done. I couldn't wait for the EL, they're both about to go in opposite directions re- value (before Thursday anyway) so I pulled the trigger. Feels nice being on the form player in the league as a differential. Watch Salah batter Wolves now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

Salah to Bale done. I couldn't wait for the EL, they're both about to go in opposite directions re- value (before Thursday anyway) so I pulled the trigger. Feels nice being on the form player in the league as a differential. Watch Salah batter Wolves now.

Yeah this will probably be the move I make.

I'd like to hold Salah another week because, as was obvious this week, I think Salah will score next week as everyone sells him*

But I rolled a transfer last week and so can't afford to lose the transfer from rolling again so need to make a move. And I don't think I can afford my other moves without Salah going.

*I'm sure it's confirmation bias. But it always seems like whenever there is an overwhelming captain choice, they blank. And when a premium asset is sold in droves, they return to punish their sellers. I realise there's absolutely no science behind this, but it's the kind of hunch I tend to act on. It's the entire reason I didn't bench bruno this week

• Like 1

Yeah I'm rolling my second FT. I can make the same moves next week as this week but something else might pop up. It means somehow an injured Barnes will stay in my squad  past a second consecutive deadline.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah I'm rolling my second FT. I can make the same moves next week as this week but something else might pop up. It means somehow an injured Barnes will stay in my squad  past a second consecutive deadline.

Haha yep! Exactly the same for me :) 

Barnes may well become Son for me for 29. Which would hurt me greatly having 3 spurs attackers for a game against Villa, especially with Emi in goal. But I don't really see any alternatives that make much sense. I expect us to get beaten in that game so that would be a good way to cover the obvious bases in ensuring I get a piece of the returns. 

Auba would be a shout if I could afford him but I don't think I'll be able to. Saka or Lingard probably the other choices. 

Ideally Grealish would be back and I could get him back in, but I expect that's highly unlikley.

Either way I can be at 10 players for 29 without a hit. Which I reckon in itself will be a good way to get a rank rise considerin ghow many people have used all their chips already.

Yeah I'm looking at Barnes to Auba, but I'm really not liking my City assets at the moment. I'd prefer Barnes to be KDB. Auba is unreliable. And then there's Grealish coming back. Gundogan might be on borrowed time.

6 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Everyone except for Edersen is a risk. Even Dias has been got this season.

The only PL game Dias missed was when he had just returned to training the day or so before after being ill.

Just now, YouUnastanFren said:

Pep said he was available for the game beforehand iirc, in classic Pep style.

Yes, he was on the bench, but only because he had only trained for a day or two.

On 08/03/2021 at 11:46, YouUnastanFren said:

I missed the deadline again but thankfully this week it has probably saved me a few points as I'd have spent 4 getting KDB in and captaining him. Gives me two FTs to try and squeak through the blank as well.

Well this aged horribly

So glad I decided Sterling was the better transfer and captain pick then KDB as he'd been rested more recently and more likely to play both games. 

I hate Pep roulette. 

First red arrow in a while (not helped by Shaw being last sub, Leeds being awful and Rudiger not playing) so hopefully it's a blip. 

78 for me in the end which was a decent result. Lucky Gundo scored in that game otherwise I think I'd have had a red arrow. Not sure I fancy him anymore with KDB back. He's still getting the odd return but he's playing so so deep.

Cancelo and Stones definitely isn't the combination to have anymore. It has to be Dias. I think I'll go to Dias on my wildcard and I might keep cancelo if I can fit him in. If not I'll be switching to players like Alonso or Rudiger

So I topped out at 99, because of course I did. I guess a bona fide triple figure is going to elude me for the season. It'll be a weird achievement to finish in the top 100k if I manage it, without ever getting triple figures, especially in a season that had a **** 17 game gameweek.

• Like 1