Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

This is probably the wrong thread but it seemed like the best place to ask. I've just had Sky installed at home and I've noticed that the PL app I use for my fantasy team won't open over wi-fi. 

I've not got a problem with any other app. Anyone have/had the same issue?

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

This is probably the wrong thread but it seemed like the best place to ask. I've just had Sky installed at home and I've noticed that the PL app I use for my fantasy team won't open over wi-fi. 

I've not got a problem with any other app. Anyone have/had the same issue?

That's weird. I can't think why that would be. 

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's weird. I can't think why that would be. 

Very. It's only one app so not the end of the world really, it's just strange. 

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

So do I wildcard this week, do I wildcard before BGW or do I wildcard after BGW.

I don't know what to do, I don't know what the best strategy is, and the deadlines getting closer and closer...

Depends totally on your team and what chips you've got left.

If you have BB left you probably should have wildcarded last week so you can BB this week.

If you've got a Free Hit yet you can probably wildcard this week and get a good DGW team and then FH your way through GW29.

If you've got none of them then I think the best bet is to get through the DGW and the BGW with free transfers and then wildcard in GW 30 or 31 for the run in.  But that depends on how many players you have in your team for each week. I've got 9 DGW players and I'll be able to get to 10 BGW players with FTs. If you've got significantly less than those then the wildcard may be a good idea this week to get yourself better set up

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Depends totally on your team and what chips you've got left.

If you have BB left you probably should have wildcarded last week so you can BB this week.

If you've got a Free Hit yet you can probably wildcard this week and get a good DGW team and then FH your way through GW29.

If you've got none of them then I think the best bet is to get through the DGW and the BGW with free transfers and then wildcard in GW 30 or 31 for the run in.  But that depends on how many players you have in your team for each week. I've got 9 DGW players and I'll be able to get to 10 BGW players with FTs. If you've got significantly less than those then the wildcard may be a good idea this week to get yourself better set up

Cheers that makes a lot of sense.

Option 3 will be the best for me as well! I've drafted wildcards but I always leave myself in a worse position for BGW.

Regretting using that FH now!

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

Cheers that makes a lot of sense.

Option 3 will be the best for me as well! I've drafted wildcards but I always leave myself in a worse position for BGW.

Regretting using that FH now!

Yeah i think if you have 9DGW players for this week, assuming your other two players are decent, then you don't need to do anything drastic for this week. And if you can get to about the same amount for the blank gameweek then you'll be ok for that one too.

If you're wildcarding straight after then you can afford to lose players like Salah and Bruno the week of the blanks because you can wildcard them back in afterwards (although be careful of losing value you've built up in them)

• Like 1

@wilko154 there's a serious fixture swing in GW31 so if you don't know when to use the wildcard and you can hold it until then, that's probably the time to do it.

The teams currently at the top (easy) end of the fixture schedule head into a sea of red and white.e85e827596b0e1ddfb6aaddeb507e09b.png

Whereas the table from 31 onwards contains teams not currently on the radar

ab9152f61478b906687ac5df1c474ce2.png

• Like 1

Yeah and most of the teams with good assets for the blank GW in 29 have good fixtures in GW 30 as shown in BOF's table there. So if you have a decent team for GW29 you can probably get through GW30 before having to play the WC

Very average week for me so far. 51 with 9 to go. 

TC Kane gone ok so far though. Barnes was a big blow. Only just got him in so that sucks. 

Hoping for a stronger end to the week. If I can escape with a green arrow I'll be happy. Heavily relies on Kane. Huge gains to be made if he returns again

53 with 12 to go for me. Also copped the Barnes injury who I brought in for one of Grealish/Maddison. After blowing out to 3.3m overall in GW18 I've managed to climb back to be nearly at 2m. 

What do you experts think is a realistic target? Top 1m?

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

53 with 12 to go for me. Also copped the Barnes injury who I brought in for one of Grealish/Maddison. After blowing out to 3.3m overall in GW18 I've managed to climb back to be nearly at 2m. 

What do you experts think is a realistic target? Top 1m?

Depends what chips you have left, they are worth a decent chunk over the field if you play them well as most use them early. What's the points difference between 3.3m and 1m?