Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

Got my goal of finishing in the top 2m with a final score of 2087. Also my highest score overall since the 2007/08 season (caveat I mailed in a lot of those years).

Thanks for everyone in here making the season interesting.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Missed out on the top 1k, bad week, actually went backwards a couple hundred places. Looks like its a 1.7k finish for me, best to date but I only took this seriously since last years lockdown, will be a challenge to beat that over the next few years!

That WBA goal in the last minute killed me, huge error by Phillips as well. Had Dallas and Casilla on a 8 and 9 pointer cut to 5 points total. West Ham scored 3 and zero involvement for Antonio or Lingard, small margins.

Absolutely fantastic score bud. Congrats. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BOF said:

@Rds1983you beat me by 5pts. May your toast be soggy for an entire week. And also well done 😁

Might be one for the gravy thread but I actually quite like soggy toast, love dipping it in my coffee. 

Thanks, some great scores all round in this thread. 

• Haha 1

Disastrous end of the season for me. 3 or 4 gameweeks ago I was 180k and still had the top 100k in my sights. 3 red arrows in a row and I've finished on 295k, my worst finish for years.

Thought I'd had a good day yesterday but it wasn't to be. 

I did Dias to Robertson and Shaw to Dallas in the end. Which looked like a great call except Dias actually played and got a Clean Sheet (I've owned him for weeks and he hasn't returned once!) and Dallas lost his CS with that late West brom goal.

Ah well, a season to forget, looking forward to next season already!

I’m a bit disappointed with a 9th place finish after being 4/5th in our league for a little while. I’m blaming a few bad weeks where gambles didn’t pay off.

The Pepe gamble worked for the last game though. Who’d have thought?!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Disastrous end of the season for me. 3 or 4 gameweeks ago I was 180k and still had the top 100k in my sights. 3 red arrows in a row and I've finished on 295k, my worst finish for years.

I did Dias to Robertson and Shaw to Dallas in the end. Which looked like a great call except Dias actually played and got a Clean Sheet (I've owned him for weeks and he hasn't returned once!) and Dallas lost his CS with that late West brom goal.

Next season you might have better luck in picking a captain. Just imagine what your rank would be then! 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I’m a bit disappointed with a 9th place finish after being 4/5th in our league for a little while. I’m blaming a few bad weeks where gambles didn’t pay off.

The Pepe gamble worked for the last game though. Who’d have thought?!

That's a great shout that.

I'm slightly disappointed in myself as all week I've been saying I would swap Kane for Aguero and captain him just for the narrative.

But with the amount of players I potentially had out I bottled it. It would have been worth it in the end

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm slightly disappointed in myself as all week I've been saying I would swap Kane for Aguero and captain him just for the narrative.

But with the amount of players I potentially had out I bottled it. It would have been worth it in the end

Tbh, towards the end I lost sight of what my rank was. If I’d been chasing a league somewhere then I probably wouldn’t have brought in Pepe. It was very much a ‘what the hell’ pick. 

I’m looking forward to next season. I can’t imagine it’ll be half as mental as this one!

• Like 1

Got my 4th top 100k in the last 6 seasons, won the Tonga national League as well as one of my two money leagues but Patrick Cousens pipped me to 2nd in the VT league.

Have to admire the moves he made to do it though, -4 for a one week punt on Pepe (c) and Robertson. Fair **** play. That's the stuff FPL is made for, I hope he won some money from that move.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Got my 4th top 100k in the last 6 seasons,

Selling yourself a little short there :)  3rd top 30k in 5 years sounds even better.  Top work :thumb:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Gotta admit I was a little disappointed when I clicked your team after his 2 goals and didn't see old Sergio up front.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BOF said:

Gotta admit I was a little disappointed when I clicked your team after his 2 goals and didn't see old Sergio up front.

Yeah I was chuffed at first when Kane scored. But on reflection it would have been far more fun and I don't think i'd have lost out given I'd have Dias instead of Robertson (2 point difference) and Coady would have come in to replace Shaw (1 point difference)

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not as disastrous as this guy though...a collapse of epic proportions, like Van de Velde's at the Open Championship.
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/4865323/history

I went for a wild final day stab and took Berardi, knowing he would play in his final game. Got the CS, although it didn't matter much for my season.

• Like 1

126k rank I ended up with. Bit gutted I never got that top 100k but oh well. It's my new highest rank and was the first time in a few years that I kept my team going for the whole season. 

5f662a140a75b113209b2e5775801b44.png

3fea6f205af9d9d911e905f8755f23e6.png

My GW31 WC was a bit of a flop, what cost me in the end. Big shoutout to Pereira though, one of the few players from that WC to pretty much always return something. Hopefully someone buys him in the summer. 

• Like 2