Jaden Philogene

Kingman

3 minutes ago, calcifer said:

What are we doing? The rate we are losing players, would rather keep Jaden, would defo get conference league minutes! 

What are we doing??!!

Unless it means major incomings, I’m honestly perplexed if we don’t 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Unless it means major incomings, I’m honestly perplexed if we don’t 

Yeah, if it comes to the end of the window and no one else comes in then I will be puzzled!

It's risky as we potentially have a 55 game season. Lost 2 first team players for the season. Phil will probably be out a while, we do have players to come back but they need to be eased back  in otherwise we risk then relapsing! 

Let's see how the month unfolds. 

34 minutes ago, useless said:

Doesn't surprise me at all if we're prepared to let Ramsey go, only thing that would surprise me is him not going to a better team than Hull - although having said that looking at their signings so far they're showing some serious ambition, Aaron Connolly, Xavier Simons, Liam Delap, Scott Twine, and Ruben Vinagre.

Also I think no doubt there will be a buy-back, that's probably what will allow Hull to be able to afford him and we wouldn't let him go otherwise.

Is Liam Delap any good at throw-ins?

20 minutes ago, calcifer said:

What are we doing? The rate we are losing players, would rather keep Jaden, would defo get conference league minutes! 

What are we doing??!!

The reality of becoming a successful team is that some of our academy graduates will be good enough to regularly start matches somewhere, but unlikely to get that opportunity here right now. 

On the flip side, we're not like Brighton where we'll find a 15m South American talent and flip them after a year or two. Our academy is excellent, but the likelyhood of many of them being good enough for where we aspire to be is slim. 

This is how we'll generate revenue to bring in more elite first-team regulars.

Chelsea and Man City do this all the time, having sold Trafford and Hall for millions. City might even let Cole Palmer go.

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I honestly dont get it

It's the effect of FFP. Selling academy players represents pure profit on the balance sheet. 

Also. AJ, Archer and JPB are good enough to play every week somewhere right now, so they would be all for making a move to the right club. Probably a nice payrise too.

If we sold all 3 and it provides Unai with the funds to get a Chiesa (as an example), I don't think many would complain.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

It's the effect of FFP. Selling academy players represnts pure profit on the balance sheet. 

Also. AJ, Archer and JPB are good enough to play every week somewhere right now, so they would be all for making a move to the right club. Probably a nice payrise too.

If we sold all 3 and it Unai the funds to get a Chiesa (as an example), I don't think many would complain.

This is the thing. They're not good enough to start for us yet and will have their development stalled by not playing regularly. We're at the point where a first-teamer at Villa is at least a 30m player, so developing youth players means a weakened first XI, which reduces our level of competitiveness on the pitch and that's something I don't think Emery will do. If we want to mix it up at the top end of the table, then this is what we'll need to do and as fans, we just have to accept it. 

• Like 3

I’m wondering… whether our manager… has more ambition and greater intent than our fans…

OK is not good enough for him (🙏)… he has such high standards… I don’t think we realise quite to what extent…

He is best placed to judge our players and youngsters, whether they can impact us and take us forwards…

And whether we can bring in much stronger and more effective players to make us a better team NOW…

These buyback clauses help us too…

I don’t see the point in getting upset about sending our young players out… 

The ones that are ready… will be given the chance to impress.

But if we can make room in our budget and squad for more top class additions… I, for one, am all for it!

We want success asap… for that, we need as strong a squad as possible… Unai and Monchi have stated and suggested just that… we are going to be active right up until the deadline…

There are more signings on the way and we want to fight in all competitions this season…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

Se get attached to our youth products and imagine them as future winners with us. It seldom works like that- in fact we have a very good record over the past 30 years with youth players like Hendrie, Agbonlahor, Albrighton, Grealish, J Ramsey establishing themselves. Some just won't.

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Just now, Jas10 said:

I’m wondering… whether our manager… has more ambition and greater intent than our fans…

He is best places to judge our players and youngsters, whether they can impact and take us forwards…

And whether we can bring in much stronger and more effective players to make us a better team NOW…

But if we can make room in our budget and squad for more top class additions… I, for one, am all for it!

We want success asap… for that, we need as strong a squad as possible… Unai and Monchi have stayed and suggested just that…

There are more signings on the way and we want to fight in all competitions this season…

The quotes over the past couple of days made me realise this may be the case.

I don't think we are doing it stupidly either.

This is where Monchi expertise come in imo.

I think in Spain, they are quite smart with the selling, buy back and trading area.

These kids get us 100 percent profit for FFP, we get higher quality players who can help us NOW.

If the kids become exceptional, we have first refusal on getting them back at a decent fee.

Bare in mind, transfer fees are only going up and up, but we will have this locked in.

Also, unfortunately, some of the players we think are potentially world beaters may be slightly skewed by our sentiment.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The quotes over the past couple of days made me realise this may be the case.

I don't think we are doing it stupidly either.

This is where Monchi expertise come in imo.

I think in Spain, they are quite smart with the selling, buy back and trading area.

These kids get us 100 percent profit for FFP, we get higher quality players who can help us NOW.

If the kids become exceptional, we have first refusal on getting them back at a decent fee.

Bare in mind, transfer fees are only going up and up, but we will have this locked in.

Also, unfortunately, some of the players we think are potentially world beaters may be slightly skewed by our sentiment.

Spot on matey 👏

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He is best places to judge our players and youngsters, whether they can impact and take us forwards…

We want success asap… for that, we need as strong a squad as possible… Unai and Monchi have stayed and suggested just that…

I'm not that fussed about Philogene as I always thought it would be a stretch for him to be a regular here... I thought he'd attract a better suitor than Hull though, no disrespect to them.

We all agree that J Ramsey is a key player for us... he would never be given the opportunity here anymore. There has to be a balance between buying players for NOW and developing players for the future. All I hear is FFP and 'pure profit' but what about developing players so you don't need to pay £50m for someone?

I'm probably in the minority but I find it disappointing. 

• Like 4

Â