Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

• 4 months later...

That was an incredible finish, the ball was cracked into his midriff, he cushioned it, got it through the defenders legs and into the corner of the goal without it even making it look hard. I thought we looked a bit worse when he came off, as Ramsey wasn't up to speed yet, but maybe Chrisene was running out of gas.

I hope I never hear another commentator call him 'Christine', I was honestly starting to get mad.

Edited by HanoiVillan

On 19/08/2020 at 19:07, messi11 said:

another overrated young kid to add to our other overrated young kids. Only time will tell 

Mmm hmm... 

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Back to Exeter on loan would be a good move.

That’s a good shout actually. If we could get him a league 1 side it might be better though (no offence to Exeter fans!)

My guess is next season Seb Revan will be left-back and then with other players either going out on loan or becoming involved with the first team that will allow Chrisene to move into midfield. Although there's going to be a lot of competition in that midfield area, as it stands we've got Chukwuemeka, Aaron Ramsey, Raikhy, Lindley, Sylla, Chrisene, McBride, Hart, O'Reilly, Bogard that could all play there, as well as having the likes of Patterson, Barnes, Edwards, and Pierre and possibly others coming from the U16s who if they do well at U18 level could be fast tracked into the U23s.

20 minutes ago, useless said:

My guess is next season Seb Revan will be left-back and then with other players either going out on loan or becoming involved with the first team that will allow Chrisene to move into midfield. Although there's going to be a lot of competition in that midfield area, as it stands we've got Chukwuemeka, Aaron Ramsey, Raikhy, Lindley, Sylla, Chrisene, McBride, Hart, O'Reilly, Bogard that could all play there, as well as having the likes of Patterson, Barnes, Edwards, and Pierre and possibly others coming from the U16s who if they do well at U18 level could be fast tracked into the U23s.

The lads who are 19 or turning 19 are the ones who need to go out on loan, for the 17 year olds like Chrisene and Seb Revan another season playing u23 while training with the first team would be good for their development you'd imagine.

I think any of Sinisalo, Onódi, Sohna, Appiah, Dominic Revan, Bridge, Kesler Hayden, Raikhy, Sylla, Lindley, Aaron Ramsey, Wright, Philogene-Bidace, Archer, Vassilev, Abldeen-Goodridge, Campton-Sturridge, and Young, could possibly go on loan given their age, that is eighteen turning nineteen next season or older.

I think the younger players like Chrisene, Bogard, Seb Revan and so on will stay with the U23s another season.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
21 hours ago, messi11 said:

Any one know what happened to him? Must be a serious injury

i wondered this myself more than once, i can literally find nothing on the supposed injury.....

All i know is he last played in the FA Youth cup final and came off in the 60th minute, so i can only assume that was where the "injury" started?

Would love to know if he's ok, in recovery or such.

You won't find anything official on his injury because the club don't report on injuries to youth players. But he definitely is injured, because he's referenced it and his work to get back to fitness several times on his instagram.

As for him coming off in the Youth Cup Final, he came off for Aaron Ramsey who had been injured, and he was playing out of position on the right-wing in that game, so was probably the most likely candidate to be subbed, what ever his injury is I don't think he picked it up in that game, more likely he picked it up in pre-season.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Â