Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Speak to any football fan and they will say the same thing about their club. There’s a lot of young talent out there. Whether they make it in the top flight is a different story.

We used to have a competitive academy in Randy's early days at the helm, but things got a lot more competitive on the youth recruitment front right around the time we started pinching pennies.  Arsenal used to have the best academy in the country under Wenger, now Chelsea & Man City do.  

4 minutes ago, John said:

"Villa’s billionaire owners Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris have invested heavily in the club’s youth policy since arriving and the former European champions now boast one of the best youth facilities in Europe. Villa recently spent £3million to sign England wonderkid Louie Barry from Barcelona and are stocking up on some of the best young talents in Europe." I like the sound of that from that Sun report. Nice to get the lad ahead of Liverpool, Chelsea and Bayern too. :)

Even if we recruit well and invest 30 Million into a "highly rated" youth academy where only one of that group goes on to be a Premier League player, we'll make our money back at this point.  

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Teams are buying highly rated youngsters all the time. I wouldn’t get to excited about it.

Someone told me the  rules were changing from next year , hence everyone is going crazy signing young players at the moment .

Time will tell if it works , but on paper we should be Champions in around 5 years at this rate

• Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Someone told me the  rules were changing from next year , hence everyone is going crazy signing young players at the moment .

Time will tell if it works , but on paper we should be Champions in around 5 years at this rate

That’s the spirit!

You can't really lose by scouring the league's for the best young talent. If one player cuts it in the prem then you have saved yourself £30m.

The only danger is the expectation that a decent % of these recruits will form the basis of our first team in 3 or 4 years time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Loan rules have changed for this season, in response to clubs like Chelsea who had over 40 players out on loan in each of the past two seasons.  This way, clubs cannot stockpile/farm out players they have no intention of introducing into their first team squads.  Lampard got all kinds of praise for playing youth players last season, but he was forced to from their transfer embargo.  No transfer embargo and a more "proven" manager under pressure to win trophies would not have given Tammy, Mount, Tamori, Reece, etc. a look in the squad.  They would have bought their own experienced players and sold off many of the others instead.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We give them a good grounding and an education

It’s not a school though. End of the day we want players that can make the grade at first team level.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hippo said:

You can't really lose by scouring the league's for the best young talent. If one player cuts it in the prem then you have saved yourself £30m.

The only danger is the expectation that a decent % of these recruits will form the basis of our first team in 3 or 4 years time.

I laugh at the face of that sort of danger! :D More seriously, I would be over the moon, if 1 or 2 of them, were in our first team in 3-4 years time.  

image.jpeg.7dd08381363ab262633dce225c69034d.jpeg

Â