Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Personally I don’t think that matters to professional players. 

It probably depends on the player, but in general I think that's an accurate statement. What city the club is in probably matters much more, and Arsenal have the boyhood club AND the London factor, so I do worry about Arsenal swooping in and signing him. Villa just need to hold their feet to the fire. Given the striker shortage, the English player factor, his good character, age and lack of injuries, Villa should demand at LEAST 125m mill.

Edited by maqroll

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen link to Arsenal for 85 million... Arsenal " preparing " a bid.

I think people underestimate what a massive loss Ollie would be.

Would need to be stupid money imo.

Hopefully those teams settle for Ivan Toney or something.

No spend because of FFP January window should've killed the making up bollocks transfer rumours industry but people still click

• Like 1

An interesting question on twitter:

Performance wise only as Yorke forever tarnished is legacy in my opinion by kissing the united badge in front of us but brilliant player. 

1. Yorke

2. Benteke second as he was insane in such a god awful team. His goals kept us up for two years. 

3. Ollie third (currently) but carry on this trajectory and he could end up first place. 

4. Gabby - thanks for the goals against blues but an utter bellend during our relegation season

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Performance wise only as Yorke forever tarnished is legacy in my opinion by kissing the united badge in front of us but brilliant player. 

1. Yorke

2. Benteke second as he was insane in such a god awful team. His goals kept us up for two years. 

3. Ollie third (currently) but carry on this trajectory and he could end up first place. 

4. Gabby - thanks for the goals against blues but an utter bellend during our relegation season

I'd have Carew instead of Gabby

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'd have Carew instead of Gabby

Juan Pablo, Dublin, Weimann, Allback, Vassell, joachim, saunders, Johnson... 

• Like 1

If Watkins keeps this up for another season or 2 he will become our best PL era striker. 

It's funny how in a short space of time from Lescott, Gestede, Kalinic and co we now built a team with potential club legends all over the pitch. 

9 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

1. Yorke

I'd go the same order. It's a toss up between Yorke and Benteke for me though as to who's no1. It should just be a competition between those three though, Gabby not worth considering!

14 hours ago, maqroll said:

It probably depends on the player, but in general I think that's an accurate statement. What city the club is in probably matters much more, and Arsenal have the boyhood club AND the London factor, so I do worry about Arsenal swooping in and signing him. Villa just need to hold their feet to the fire. Given the striker shortage, the English player factor, his good character, age and lack of injuries, Villa should demand at LEAST 125m mill.

Because Arsenal have a big history of "swooping in" and buying our players who have always been in a rush to get down to the bright lights and relative safety of London to bring up their families. 😆 He ain't going to Arsenal unless they break the transfer record for an english player and some. 

Edited by tinker

Phenomenal again today. Bringing out some unreal footwork, playing aggressively and playing clever passes. Unplayable.

I'm glad he's shut even me up. Improved so much.

• Like 3

Goal and an assist while barely breaking a sweat. All becoming very routine for one of the best strikers in world football 🥱

Edited by Rightdm00

Â