Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

10 hours ago, Pinebro said:

It genetics. 

These things are not a coincidence. 

Did Wesley's genes make Ben Mee smash his knee to bits?

On 19/02/2024 at 12:25, TRO said:

He is much better, than we think he is.

There were quite a few on here saying he'd get 20+ goals this season if he stayed fit playing in this team in the summer when a lot of people were crying out to sign a striker...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

There will be interest in him in the summer.

Man Utd and Arsenal? Can’t see him leaving to be honest, especially having signed the new contract. 

3 hours ago, YLN said:

Watkins has surprised me this season. I think he has improved more than any other player under Emery. Smith and Gerrard's Watkins wouldn't have scored either chance vs Fulham.

He would have snapped at the first on the turn and been blocked, and then ran the second another touch and gotten closed down by the keeper.

Even McGinn?

Although yeah Watkins is definitely up there.

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

There will be interest in him in the summer.

The alleged 80% of clubs worried about FFP in January transfer window will likely be the same in summer

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Man Utd and Arsenal? Can’t see him leaving to be honest, especially having signed the new contract. 

Can’t see Man U being interested. Their young forward line is starting to fire.

Maybe Arsenal but I think they’ll sign Toney in the summer.

13 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The alleged 80% of clubs worried about FFP in January transfer window will likely be the same in summer

Yep this is where FFP helps us immensely. If City, United or Newcastle wanted him they could offer a wage that Villa could get no where near.  With the FFP concerns even the biggest spenders have to be prudent. 

Good hardworking player is Watkins, another good attribute he has which is rare in todays game, he’s not a cheat. Never see him get involved in stupidness, does goes about his work efficiently. Good pro, who works tirelessly beyond the scenes on his game! 

• Like 3

While it was somewhat true that the ACL injuries can either be Ben Mee'd or just random luck, when I watch Ollie - I do think that the way he trains and keeps fit - as well as the way he runs - may be a key to his lack of injuries. It's all very fluid and keeps his knees over his feet to prevent his knee from collapsing inwards. Using his hips to pivot instead of all the knee rotation. It can sometimes look a bit stiff, but probably better injury wise.

Not a physio by any means but have always thought that about him.

Buendia - in particular - almost made me cringe in how his wide stance, stiff leg way of shielding the ball would frequently have his knee bending inwards. Kamara - a bit the same in that he had those long legs frequently outside of his hips when tackling or reaching for the ball.

23 hours ago, YLN said:

Young whipper snappers

75251157-0-image-m-6_1694286941771.jpg

d0e17602-0749-11ec-89b3-29a9a04e8645.jpg

I prefer to remember them in their playing days, as I prefer to think of myself, as I was back back then too:D. That said Gary still looks pretty good for a 63 year old! 

3 hours ago, John said:

I prefer to remember them in their playing days, as I prefer to think of myself, as I was back back then too:D. That said Gary still looks pretty good for a 63 year old! 

Yeah I was trying to find a picture of this 63 year old man looking old and that was the best I could find

• Like 1

It's funny because he rarely strikes the ball fully but his placement of shots is so good that he can stroke the ball into the net. Likewise, his headers are usually little glances.

I'd love an insight into what he's like to defend against: his movement is clearly fantastic. At his best, he moves defenders out of position as well as making them think if he's going to take them on, cut back and shoot or lay the ball off. Then there's his ability to mix it up with defenders in the air. 

Just seen link to Arsenal for 85 million... Arsenal " preparing " a bid.

I think people underestimate what a massive loss Ollie would be.

Would need to be stupid money imo.

Hopefully those teams settle for Ivan Toney or something.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It was started early yesterday from “journalist” Ronan Murphy, from a crappy website

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Makes a change from them preparing a bid for Douglas, but in both cases:

image.jpeg.b0d0464ef246c728181cd8fdf79351d3.jpeg

• Haha 1

Â