Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s done nothing wrong at all and everyone knows it. Good on the club for publicly backing him. 

Top player and character. 

This is the other thing, I doubt the club would have made such a statement if it was Emi as that would be in character for him

• Like 1

You could tell exactly what kind of individual that Brentford fan was by just looking at him. A foul - mouthed obese, embittered word removed. And, I absolutely love the fact that Ollie, when asked on reflection would he do it again, he said, emphatically, "yes!" 

Love this decent young man. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think they are though are they? Just like every club they have their fair share of scumbags.  Always considered them to have a friendly fanbase to be honest. 

They have a horrible, deeply ignorant, one-eyed manager who gives Klopp a run for his money (and possibly wins). They've got Ben Mee in defence. They've brought Maupay back (having him once was bad enough). Their all-time star player is sitting out the longest ever gambling ban in football after committing 232 individual offenses. 

They're now under investigation for the abuse a fan doled out to one of their own former players, who is a perfectly unobjectionable character if ever there was one in the professional game.

They might not historically be a scummy club, but yeah, I think it's fair to say they're a scummy club now.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You could tell exactly what kind of individual that Brentford fan was by just looking at him. A foul - mouthed obese, embittered word removed. And, I absolutely love the fact that Ollie, when asked on reflection would he do it again, he said, emphatically, "yes!" 

Love this decent young man. 

He was also asked was it a racist remark that was made and his honesty shone through...He said "No"

Ollie always strikes me as a top human being.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Nice! 🙄

FB_IMG_1702923728540.jpg

Soz mods can't link as the bloke has now locked his profile.

And another...

20231218_213332.jpg

They've OBS since either closed their accounts of been reprimanded, but there is some proper filth about which almost makes you ashamed to be a football fan 🤦🏿‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 3

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

They have a horrible, deeply ignorant, one-eyed manager who gives Klopp a run for his money (and possibly wins). They've got Ben Mee in defence. They've brought Maupay back (having him once was bad enough). Their all-time star player is sitting out the longest ever gambling ban in football after committing 232 individual offenses. 

They're now under investigation for the abuse a fan doled out to one of their own former players, who is a perfectly unobjectionable character if ever there was one in the professional game.

They might not historically be a scummy club, but yeah, I think it's fair to say they're a scummy club now.

When you put it like that! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Storm in a teacup.

On an unrelated matter, Jean Pierre Papin, former European footballer of the year, once showed me the middle finger in the warm up to a UEFA cup game. One of my proudest supporting moments.

What did you do to elicit that response? 'Papin? MORE LIKE CRAPIN! AMIRITE?!' 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nice! 🙄

FB_IMG_1702923728540.jpg

And another...

20231218_213332.jpg

They've OBS since either closed their accounts of been reprimanded, but there is some proper filth about which almost makes you ashamed to be a football fan 🤦🏿‍♂️

I don't understand how people take football this seriously. Mocking someone's unfortunate and unjust death because of a game where other people kick a ball around for amusement? JFC.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Storm in a teacup.

On an unrelated matter, Jean Pierre Papin, former European footballer of the year, once showed me the middle finger in the warm up to a UEFA cup game. One of my proudest supporting moments.

FA Cup 3rd round against the usual. We’re 2-0 and I’m giving Van Nistelrooy dogs abuse called him a horse too. This is down by the Holte Trinity corner. 

After the game he casually walks over having scored two and imitates a horse rider. Respect mr nistlerooy respect. 

Ollie can go up a level with this new found bite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nice! 🙄

FB_IMG_1702923728540.jpg

And another...

20231218_213332.jpg

@Tom13 bro? That you??? I know you don’t think Ollie is the best but a bit harsh????? 

😜

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Of all the comments, this one is the most hilarious. Ollie is far and away one of the most intelligent and articulate interviewees in football. 

Plus these players are doing these interviews like 10 mins after 90 minutes of intense cardio. They are still breathing hard and thinking and speaking will be difficult. 

36 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well done Ollie on his 57th Villa goal, which puts him one ahead of Gareth Barry, two behind Dion Dublin and five behind Juan Pablo Angel in joint 42nd on our all time scorers list.

That was a nice story, why'd you delete it?! A bit of wholesome banter. 

• Like 1

Â