Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

He didn’t really get in the game last night but they were well organised on the whole and dealt with him well. I think he’ll be more involved against the better teams to be honest. I was at the game, am I right in thinking he and Buendia had a squabble?

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

He didn’t really get in the game last night but they were well organised on the whole and dealt with him well. I think he’ll be more involved against the better teams to be honest. I was at the game, am I right in thinking he and Buendia had a squabble?

Yeah it made me laugh! It also shows they cared about the game and what they are doing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah it made me laugh! It also shows they cared about the game and what they are doing.

They’re not quite on the same wavelength and have the odd communication breakdown which leads to fluffed opportunities.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yes Ollie won a knockdown and Buendia didn’t win the duel for the second ball and they had a go at each other 😂

Unai broke them up and moved Buendia to the left and McGinn up top with the substitutions like mediating his children. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Tom13 said:

He wasn't there for a duel.

Eh he could have pressed harder for it. I don't think it's a big deal. Both of them were rather isolated in the second half. Ollie might've done better with the 2/3 half chances he got. Buendia lost the ball and wasn't finding the pass a lot.

It happens. It was their 3rd game in 10 days with lots of hard running.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I'm sure emery said it would be sorted in the summer.

It will have to be, Ollie's a great striker but his contract is up in 2025. Wouldn't want to have to sell him in 12 months time.

On 24/04/2023 at 12:18, Brentfordnylons said:

Not so good on the field Saturday but class off it as usual

He's a class act, a credit to any club he plays for. We have a couple of great characters at the club ATM and long may it continue. Nice to beat Chelsea ay? 😆

• Like 1

The squabble between him and Buendia was actually nice to see. Some emotion coming into Watkins play and him telling Buendia what he should be doing. Shows his growing confidence and Buendia did need a bit of a talking to in that game. 

I don't think there is more to read into it, and I'm sure it was just desperation to keep winning.

Ollie was starved of real service last game, and he'll have a full 5 days recovery before we play United. Expect he'll be back to full monster mode by Sunday. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

It’s all gone quiet on the contract front after loads of speculation it was all but signed. It would be good to get that sorted before the end of the season.

Not sure there has been any reliable source that said they were close to getting it signed? Just that they were in talks. These things can take time and i'd imagine the club and Watkins are probably waiting till the end of the season to sort it since currently in a race for europe.

Edited by RichW

20 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

The squabble between him and Buendia was actually nice to see. Some emotion coming into Watkins play and him telling Buendia what he should be doing. Shows his growing confidence and Buendia did need a bit of a talking to in that game. 

I don't think there is more to read into it, and I'm sure it was just desperation to keep winning.

Ollie was starved of real service last game, and he'll have a full 5 days recovery before we play United. Expect he'll be back to full monster mode by Sunday. 

Football without teammate squabbling doesn't exist at any level

• Like 1

Yeah he was totally off it last two games. Actually walking around for periods against Fulham. No issues as he's had a great second half to the season.
If Duran was more ready I'd have thrown him in but he's probably not so it is what is.

Like many of our players, he needs a decent rest but we can't afford it. More competition next year and more fitness management. Just needs to throw everything at it for this run in now.

Â