Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Why do people keep babbling on about getting rid of our wide players, none of them were good enough, and everyone was expectant that they should leave anyway, I'm blasted sick of hearing about it. Most of our players are so so, Martinez, Kamara, and Jacob Ramsey the only first team mens players I would  be way disappointed to lose.

Because it unbalanced the squad and now we are looking to sign wide players

We're looking to sign wide players because none of Buendia, Bailey, or Coutinho have lived up to expectations, and Chukwuemeka who might have played in that general area has left. If we need a wide player Ismaila Sarr it shall be as he's more of a winger than Deulofeu, Deulofeu is no more a winger than the players we already have at the club. We can't just keep giving these players chances, they have bad game after bad game then a good game or two then another bad game and people say this and that just needs to happen and they will come good, need more consistency from them otherwise need to be replaced as starters, if they get a chance to improve their situation they won't think twice about leaving us.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yet Chelsea, United, Brighton, Crystal Palace, Spurs, Leicester, Wolves, West Ham, Southampton and Everton when they went into the market recently havent signed a good one

They cant all have bad scouting

Not sure I agree with your point as not all them are relevant and Utd brought in Ronaldo who scored 24 goals last season but his age, presence and attitude was his downside…then the likes of Wolves and West Ham strikers have only just joined…anyway not the point.

So no good strikers out there? We shouldn’t bother in the market? Ollie is the best we can get.  Just feels very defeatist that we settle for being a lower midtable team.  You obviously have a higher confidence in Ollie than me.  Maybe we shouldn’t bother in other positions either, we can’t get better midfielders or defenders….let’s just stick for the next couple of season because we can’t get better despite being a lower midtable team.  

To me the only players that can’t be replaced or let’s say upgradeable at our level are Martinez and Kamara.  I obviously don’t think we should be looking to replace the other nine but if opportunities come along then we should try, but our forward roles, like striker are one of our weakest parts of the team and should be prioritised to be upgraded this month or in the summer.

• Like 1

I’m his biggest critic but last two games he’s been making important runs and creating chances but Christ alive he’s the worst finisher. Can he not be shifted position maybe? Is he more of a winger or attacking midfielder? Is that not how he started to excel for Brentford?

I’ve been his biggest critic but today was stunning. Yes I think he should have done better with his chance in the first half but none of those 2 goals happen without Ollie being Ollie. 

Brilliant performance. 

From minute 80 on, he only grew stronger against a flagging Lenglet. Great workrate. 

Lung busting run too to get on the end of a Coutinho pass to get into the box. Shame he doesn’t seem to drive down to the byline on his left, but what a match from Ollie. 

Â