Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

34 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If I was a striker, I would study Haaland and his movement every single day of my career. 

Watching his first game against Wet Spam, his work rate, movement and awareness where the ball is going is unreal.

Is no comparison but think with Haaland is he doesnt waste energy by chasing nothing balls to impress the fans and crucially even if he misses a chance he has the cockiness/arrogance to know he will score next time around

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What's this I'm hearing about a fall out with Gerrard on the training ground.  Apparently Watkins threw the ball at Gerrard and went inside after a spat?

Anyone heard anymore?

This popped up in my news feed earlier

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/20620181.amp/

Ollie "miffed" apparently 

Edited by Starscrem_Prime

40 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What's this I'm hearing about a fall out with Gerrard on the training ground.  Apparently Watkins threw the ball at Gerrard and went inside after a spat?

Anyone heard anymore?

Didn’t Radio WM mention something when Franksie was chatting to Thomo earlier this afternoon.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyone heard anymore?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyone heard anymore?

We’re not going to know what you’re hearing, where did you hear it?

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyone heard anymore?

Probably muffed the throw and sent it wide.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Starscrem_Prime said:

This popped up in my news feed earlier

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/20620181.amp/

Ollie "miffed" apparently 

A pathetic, empty, meaningless, bullshit excuse for an article. 

The whole thing seems pointless and fabricated and where or from who are those “quotes” even sourced?

More bullshit journalism designed to do nothing more than stir the pot and generate clicks. Disgusting.

• Like 1

On 07/08/2022 at 23:12, foreveryoung said:

If I was a striker, I would study Haaland and his movement every single day of my career. 

Watching his first game against Wet Spam, his work rate, movement and awareness where the ball is going is unreal.

I'd study Scott Hogan personally.

That useless word removed has been stealing a living for the best part of half a decade somehow.

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyone heard anymore?

Its not as bad as it sounds.Apparently Olly kicked the ball twords Sg,but as usual he missed the target. 

• Haha 1

On 07/08/2022 at 23:47, Zatman said:

Is no comparison but think with Haaland is he doesnt waste energy by chasing nothing balls to impress the fans and crucially even if he misses a chance he has the cockiness/arrogance to know he will score next time around

Sounds like you're describing Gabby.

Preece on Claret and Blue pre match podcast:

" He spoke really well of Watkins in his presser... I think we could see him leading the line tomorrow"

But I've been reading we are looking to sell him and they've had a bust up 🤔

I'm confused...

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

22 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyone heard anymore?

Doubt SG would be bothered ..... he'd know Ollie would miss !!!

On 07/08/2022 at 23:12, foreveryoung said:

Scott Hogan’s movement was unreal but we didn’t have anyone to find those stealthy runs. 

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Preece on Claret and Blue pre match podcast:

" He spoke really well of Watkins in his presser... I think we could see him leading the line tomorrow"

But I've been reading we are looking to sell him and they've had a bust up 🤔

I'm confused...

I Wouldnt believe a word Preece says, he was banging on a podcast that we were signing Gallagher that was before the Australia trip

20 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

He needs to start.

I’m not sure he does, it’s very much 50/50 out of him and Ings.  

At the moment it’s not picking whose the best but whose the least worse.  

Both are well out of form, lacking confidence and don’t impact the game at the moment.

The strengths of both that we all talk about don’t impact the decision because neither are utilising those strengths in the game so it’s just a flip of a coin who starts and we just have to hope for the best that suddenly one clicks into form.

I worry that Ollie just gets worse game by game and I worry Ings just looks ineffective generally.  Doesn’t help we don’t create anything for either of them.

• Like 1

Â