Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

My main takeaway is how insanely good Benteke was.

Regarding Ollie he's higher than I would have guessed. 1 in 3 isn't spectacular but it's solid, especially for someone usually playing wide.

However I'd be interested in seeing the recent trends on this sort of data

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Regarding Ollie he's higher than I would have guessed. 1 in 3 isn't spectacular but it's solid, especially for someone usually playing wide.

On goals per minute Ollie was 0.375 last season and 0.276 this season.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

On goals per minute Ollie was 0.375 last season and 0.276 this season.

Wow even better than I thought. so nearly 34 goals per game!

;) 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Posted without comment

Interesting. Can you then please explain, how exactly, am I meant to take irrational offence to what you've posted?

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Interesting. Can you then please explain, how exactly, am I meant to take irrational offence to what you've posted?

Easy, @Stevo985 is taking the limelight away from Stevo984...well out of order if you ask me 😉

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Did I say you could take offence?

Give it back!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Posted without comment

83618EEC-69E0-4A16-9366-9A9FB65EA792.png

Should note that the chart is a bit generous to Watkins because he almost always plays full 90s which makes his per game stats look better. In goal per 90 terms, their stats look like this(only looking at PL stats)

image.png.6dd4600a899883fc5143f245d5456232.png

• Like 2

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

Should note that the chart is a bit generous to Watkins because he almost always plays full 90s which makes his per game stats look better. In goal per 90 terms, their stats look like this(only looking at PL stats)

Wow Benteke was bloody amazing for us. 

33 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Wow Benteke was bloody amazing for us. 

Was convinced he would have a better career than Lukaku as he had more to his game. Injuries ruined him I feel, lost a yard of pace and his confidence went.

31 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Was convinced he would have a better career than Lukaku as he had more to his game. Injuries ruined him I feel, lost a yard of pace and his confidence went.

I thought the same, until Liverpool ruined him by trying to play him like Michael Owen 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

How many games this season did he play as one of the 10s? Add to that we've created very few chances in general this season in terms of the xG. Especially compared to when Grealish was fit last season.

I think there are plenty of factors in our forwards not scoring as many goals. Even comparing to other 9s at other clubs too. Not many score a huge amount. 

Ings and Watkins defensive stats are outstanding tbf to both of them. They get through q huge amount of work without the ball. Ings is a goal scorer. I think too many players are under performing this season from Martinez forward

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Can we see that excluding penalties. Ta

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Dwight Yorke's a bit misleading as it was only when Brian Little became manager he played as a striker. 

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I went to Belgium v Russia in the 2014 World Cup, in my Villa shirt of course.  It was when Benteke was out long term, but any Belgium fan I spoke to rated Benteke higher than Lukaku at the time.

• Like 1

Villa keen to offer new deal as Premier League rivals eye striker move | BirminghamWorld

Aston Villa ‘keen’ to offer £30m ace new deal as Premier League rivals eye striker move

Aston Villa are set to offer a new contract to striker Ollie Watkins in an effort to warn off interest from Premier League rivals Arsenal.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Sad 1

Â