Academy General Topic

smetrov

Is the Development squad game against Boston on the 3rd of August going to be with players like Graham, Grealish etc? as I only live 20mins from Boston ;3 may have to get to that game... The stadium is pretty tiny and Boston's not exactly the loveliest place ever!

Edited by Mattyp_avfc

Taking attacking mid, Oskar Jansson on trial.

Link

Arvika FIFA giant talent Oskar Jansson not only made ​​an impression on Sweden's national leadership in Halmstad camp. He also increased interest from Premier League team Aston Villa. 

- I'm going to Birmingham on Thursday to train with Aston Villa, says Oskar.

The historic club from England have been watching Jansson already and now turned its attention by inviting the offensive midfielder to a few days of training, with Fredrik Soderstrom on Wagnsson Sports.

- It's mostly just funny, is not that many people get the chance to do this kind of thing. I'm not nervous, not yet anyway, says Jansson.

What to expect during the day in Birmingham he does not know much about, but it is clear in any case that Oskar going to a club with one of Europe's finest youth academies. As recently as last spring took Aston Villa home Next Gen Championship, a tournament for the 24 best academies in Europe, after the final victory over Chelsea 2-0.

After Halmstad camp was also Jansson in the first National Team for P98's.

- On Wednesday I received a letter from the Swedish Football Association which said that I was a part of camp.

On Bosön in early August converge Oskar with 43 other football talents of the same vintage. If you go from there will be two international matches against Finland, another camp and then two internationals against Norway. If there will be a continuation after the first camp remains to be seen.

- What I know well that about 30 of us will get to play at least one international from the start.

Jansson was not particularly surprised to be a part. He did well from his offensive midfield position in Värmland team at Halmstad camp. Three drawn games became the team and a positive impression for Jansson, who has been fully booked football schedule in the summer. After Aston Villa awaiting trial games with IFK Gothenburg

But the midfielder from Arvika is not the only Vermlander in the large squad for Bosön. Even Karlstad BK's Andreas Öhman get the chance to prove themselves before the national leaders in early August.

I like the bit in bold.
  • Like 1

4-1 Up.

Scorers (Assisted by): Grealish (Bateman), Sellars (GOAL MACHINE) (Robinson), Johnson (Pen), Strain (Lyden)

I've not heard of Thomas Strain before? 

EDIT: 4-2 now.

EDIT: 6-2 O'Brien (Volley off Strain's saved shot), Strain (25 Yard Volley)

EDIT: 6-3. Holy shit what a game haha. 30 Yard Thunderbastard for Boldmere

FULLTIME: 6-3. Sounds like Strain had a great game. 2 goals and a saved shot that ended up going in via an O'Brien volley.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Grealish giving himself a hard time on twitter. He seems to do that a lot. It's good to see in one way as it shows he has a lot of desire to be better, can only do him good. I didn't see the game today but I'm sure on past occasions he's moaned about his performance when he's actually done alright.

Such a bang average performance from me, fuming! Happy to have scored 1 tho n nice to get another win but need to improve rapidly #stress

Future Legend hopefully.

If only we could hold on to some of these fine youth players to build a team around. 

Haven't we only lost 1 from our academy :-/

It feels like more than that have gone. Hopefully these young lads want to build something at Villa

Â