Academy General Topic

smetrov

Saw this pop up on my twitter feed and wondered why the hell they were being let go;

Contracts of Graham Burke, Derrick Williams, Michael Drennan, Samir Carruthers and Daniel Johnson are set to expire. #AVFC

But then this appeared;

But all five young lions have been offered extensions. #AVFC

I would assume they're all gonna sign?

You'd hope so, all 5 seemingly have futures in the game. 

Looks like Carruthers isn't as in the wilderness as we thought. He's ready and if he wasn't in the plans at all because of some misdemeanor 12 months ago he'd be let go you'd think.

Lesson learned? 

The only one I'm disappointed about is Daniel Johnson, he's got really good ability on the ball but obviously, more than that is needed at this level, I'm sure he'll have a good career though

You're disappointed he's been offered a contract extension?

• Like 1

The only one I'm disappointed about is Daniel Johnson, he's got really good ability on the ball but obviously, more than that is needed at this level, I'm sure he'll have a good career though

You're disappointed he's been offered a contract extension?

I missed that bit, I just scanned it, I hope he stays here, he can still make it here, just needs things to go for him

Williams might go elsewhere seeking 1st team opportunities.

Kendrick has said as much on twitter recently as he is stuck behind Baker, Bennett, Stevens and Clark who can all play in the same positions.

HARRY LEWIS has taken the first step towards living the dream as a professional footballer after being invited to join the Academy at top Premiership side Aston Villa.

Harry is a 16-year-old student at The Cotswold School in Bourton-on-the-Water and has represented the school, district and county in a wide range of sports.

But from next month, when he starts a two-year scholarship at the Villa Academy at Bodymoor Heath on the outskirts of Birmingham, he will focus solely on football.

Harry’s father, James said: “A life as a professional sportsman has been, and remains, my son’s dream, and this is certainly the first step on the ladder towards that goal.”

As well as praising Harry’s footballing skills, the coaches at Villa have cited Harry’s intelligence and demeanour off the pitch and his ability to bounce back from setbacks.

They have also been impressed by Harry’s commitment to his GCSEs amidst training, travelling and trialling.

Lewis senior added: “We feel strongly that Harry’s success is in no small measure the result of the encouragement, enthusiasm and expertise of The Cotswold School’s PE department and we’d like to take this opportunity to pass on our gratitude to the staff on a job well done.”

Will Morgan, principal of The Cotswold School, said: “Harry is not only a highly talented sportsman but a young man who has shown focus, resilience and perseverance to reach his goals.

“He is an inspiration to his peers and a fantastic sporting ambassador for young people in the Cotswolds. Our school is delighted for Harry and we greatly look forward to hearing about his progress at the Academy.”

http://www.wiltsglosstandard.co.uk/sport/latestsport/10464592.YOUTH_FOOTBALL__Why_Aston_Villa_are_wild_about_Harry/

More on Prynn from Torquay we heard about earlier. Apparently he is a striker.

Premier League giants Aston Villa to pay Torquay United £50,000 for 16-year-old rookie striker

Read more: http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Premier-League-giants-Aston-Villa-pay-Torquay/story-19193257-detail/story.html#ixzz2VQQMJ6iH 
Follow us: @thisissdevon on Twitter | ThisisSDevon on Facebook

http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/Premier-League-giants-Aston-Villa-pay-Torquay/story-19193257-detail/story.html#axzz2VQPtQyKS

Â