Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

Any word on Daniel Johnson? He was absolutely lethal in that Hong Kong 7's tournament a year or two back. Have we released him since then?

I'll give it to you straight, like a pear cider made with 100% pears, ...he's still with us.
  • Like 1

shame that DJ isn't coming out - he was a man amongst boys last year.... fully deserved player of the tournament...

would be very poor if we have actually come out without a keeper this year.... perhaps my 11 year old lad should offer to play - i think he's got a pair of benji siegrist's gloves on his villa shelf....

indeed, no keeper travelled with the squad.... villa are going with a hong kong football club ringer.... i remember a couple of years ago they went with a ringer after nathan baker and a couple of others picked up injuries before the tournament started, but in this case, the lad is going to play every minute of the tournament....

boys own stuff for the lad in question....

pretty poor from the club, i reckon....

Kevan, you can be very proud.... Your brother is well on his way to player of the tournament already.... Dominant player in the first game, hat trick and an assist in 4-0 win in the second.... Looks absolute class in the rain....

Two wins out if two and in the quarters already!

UTV

Yep 12:15 hk time. 5:15am uk time....

Most likely Sunderland in the semi and Newcastle in the final who beat us last year, and looked bloody good yesterday winning al three, a lough they have man city in the semi....

The villa boys looked fine in their games, although they haven't really been tested yet.... Consensus in the pub afterwards was that jack grealish looks absolute class, and should get his chance in the first team this year.... Interesting to hear that from neutrals.....

They lost 3-4 to Leicester having come from 0-3 down at half time, Grealish with another couple.

Then beat South China 3-1, Grealish with another brace, in the Shield comp and play Citeh in the final of that at 11am UK time.

Great news about jacko. Smashed it up apparently. Usually hes the one providing and getting assists thats usually the reason he doesn't get the recognition. But by the sounds of this tournament he was on firee. rodigan hes alright aint he ? ;D

Kevan, he's a great young player and seems to be a lovely lad..... Looked after my 11 year old lad, who has a new hero!

Keep him grounded and he's got a very bright future ahead of him!

You can all be rightfully proud of him....

• Like 1

Kevan, he's a great young player and seems to be a lovely lad..... Looked after my 11 year old lad, who has a new hero!

Keep him grounded and he's got a very bright future ahead of him!

You can all be rightfully proud of him....

Love it mate :D

Â