Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

U21 drew 1-1 with Chelsea.

Is it just me or do we actually play Chelsea every week?

Yeah it seems like we've played them about 3 or 4 times in quick succession. Don't think we've lost to them though  :D

• 3 weeks later...

U18s beat Man City 6-1 on Saturday. Grealish scored one, Jerell Sellars got a hat-trick and Bradley Lewis got one, not sure who got the other one though.

Edited by packoman
  • Like 1

U16s beat City 4-3, sounds like the City lads were a right cocky bunch at both age groups, the lads complained about that last time they played against them.

I think we've possibly made a new signing at that age group.

U16s beat City 4-3, sounds like the City lads were a right cocky bunch at both age groups, the lads complained about that last time they played against them.

I think we've possibly made a new signing at that age group.

Who? From where?

What has that got to do with the academy? We should (if not already) have a reserves and ladies thread to go with this one.

Yeah you're probably right. I thought we had a Reserves thread as well but couldn't find it at the time.

I must admit, I went looking for a reserve thread and couldn't find one! The club seems to be focussing on the women, which is a shame when they neglect the youth but there should probably be a thread for folks to discuss that part of the club.

That's the badger. He was at Spurs and has recently been on trial with Arsenal (who I gather wanted him) but has signed for Villa. Listed as a fullback but has played centre half or centre mid for us.

Edited by AndyClarke

They won 6-1 again, Jerell Sellars got himself another hat-trick. 

Link

Villa are through to the end-of-season play-offs in the Barclays U18 Premier League after a stunning 6-1 win at Norwich.

Tony McAndrew's team went in to the clash against this season's FA Youth Cup finalists knowing a win would clinch top spot in qualification tier two.

And the young lions secured first place in style by continuing their red-hot goalscoring form.

Jerell Sellars - who scored a hat-trick in Saturday's win over Man City - bagged another treble against the Canaries.

Australian utility man Jordan Lyden scored twice, while Riccardo Calder also got on the scoresheet. Villa will now face qualification group tier winners Sunderland in a play-off for a place in the Barclays U18 Premier League semi-finals.

The match will take place on Sunday at the Black Cats' Academy of Light training ground, with an 11am kick-off.

VILLA: Watkins, Webb, Bateman, Lewis, Wildin, Abdo (O'Brien 60), Lyden, Cowans, Calder, Grealish (Green 70), Sellars (Hepburn-Murphy 60).

Edited by packoman
  • Like 1

Looks like some talent is coming through again then. Where does Sellars play? Striker?.

Think next year may be an opportunity to loan out Grealish and Graham so that they can be ready to start breaking into the first team in 14/15.

Â