Academy General Topic

smetrov

25 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Hope we draw Man United, Man City next round 

I have bad memories about Man City in the Youth Cup, they battered a good Villa side at Villa park a few years back.

In fairness their front line was Brahim Diaz, Phil Foden and Jaden Sancho.

• Like 1

It would have been a good alert save, Ramsey wasn't even facing the goal and had a defender blocking him as well, so don't think the keeper was expecting Ramsey to get a shot away, but Ramsey managed to pass it through the defenders legs and caught the keeper completely off guard.

4th round games don't finish until Apr 3 

Surprising they haven’t speeded them up - the 4th round was scheduled to complete Jan 18 with Final by Apr 25. still have 5th/6th/SF to get through 

Edited by SirSteveUK

That looks like a good draw for us, Burton are in the Youth Alliance division, which is apparently the U18 equivalent of League Two. Then Newcastle and Leeds are in three of the bottom the Premier League South division and Watford U18s are fourth in the Professional Development League table, which I think is the U18 version of the Championship.

Although Burton in Stoke and Southampton have beat two Premier league sides in the last two rounds, so can't take them too lightly.

• Like 1

I am not professing to know, when is the right time for a youngster to be blooded.

What i do know there is an army of opponents hell bent on taking players out and negating every bit of their creative play.....that is something they have to deal with in order to make an impact.

our youth, produce some encouraging moments at times, but to not look out of place in this league, you need more than the odd moments, you need to be able to compete, physically and mentally.

It can be arduous and they need to be ready, to survive, before moving on to thrive.

Looks like Kesler Hayden started for England U19s yesterday. Not sure if Philogene-Bidace was invovled, but I think one of the wingers dropped out late in the week and DIon Rankine took their place, don't know if it was Philogene-Bidace who dropped out, but would perhaps explain why he wasn't involved in the FA Youth Cup game.

Barry starting, Chukwuemeka and Ramsey on the bench. Edit: I'm seeing conflicting line-ups, some say that Ramsey is starting and some saying that he isn't.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, useless said:

Barry starting, Chukwuemeka and Ramsey on the bench. Edit: I'm seeing conflicting line-ups, some say that Ramsey is starting and some saying that he isn't.

Ramsey has started he's captain. Savages son is playing hopefully not as much of a word removed as his dad!!

Edited by zab6359

Â