Academy General Topic

smetrov

Sinisalo is only 19, Cutler has said that he rates him as one of the best young goalkeepers in Europe, I expect he'll probably go back on loan somewhere next season to continue his development, wouldn't be surprised to a Scottish Premier league side try and loan him in.

• Like 1

Drew 2-2 with West Ham, Kahrel Reddin and Tommi O'Reilly with the goals both assisted by Seb Revan. Just one win in five now, and now six points off the top of the table, not losing many games though, Fulhm still the only team to have beaten them this season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I must admit, I'd assumed Filip Marschall was Austrian. 

I'm not sure why my brain had been so geographically specific! :)

The spelling of his name definitely looks Germanic, I agree.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Filip Marschall, Aaron Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, and Barry have all been named in the latest England U18 squad,Kesler and Philogene-Bidace are with the U19s. Tyreik Wright and Sinisalo also been called up to the Ireland and Finland U21 teams.

Shame the Euro U19 Championship has been cancelled this summer. Always a great tournament

Mikell Barnes makes his first start for our U18s today, Travis Patterson, Kobei Moore, and Todd Alcock, all on the bench, first I've heard of Alcock, apparently a defender, I know Patterson has played for England at youth level.

Playing bottom of the table Southampton, so hopefully a chance to get back to winning ways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Only seen the goals but the thing that stood out for me was that for the 2nd and the third we won the ball back really well in great positions 

From the U18 game or last nights U23 game?

As our season is basically over - we cannot be relegated and we won’t get into Europe. Then IMO we should be giving game time to Jaden-Phiogene-Bidace & Kaine Kelser over Trez & Elmo and building for next season.  

We cannot and do believe we will make the same mistakes as the past... that said it has been infuriating watching those two play recently knowing they aren’t good enough, shouldn’t be here next season with two very highly rated 18yo waiting for an opportunity.

I know it’s a different scenario but this season at Dortmund - Bellingham 17yo 22 appearances , Reinier 19yo (Jan21) 9 appearances. Reyna 18yo 34 appearances and Moukoko 16yo 14 appearances. Good enough then old enough ...

I thank Trez for al his hard work and important goals, but in the nicest way do not to watch him again in a Villa shirt any time soon. 

Not a lot of football this week, so just a reminder that the U18's play Brighton in the 4th Round of the FA Youth Cup tomorrow at 19:00.

It's a game that will be live on VillaTV and you can get it for £1.99 with the money going to local charities.

I'm not sure what sort of eleven we'll put out, it's normally a competition where you put out your best side and we'll want to do well, so we might see some of the bigger names from our youth set up playing U18 football again, but I'm not sure who is away on international duty.

I'd like to see Barry and Chukwuemeka play, along with a few of the other U23 regulars, provided they're available - I think there's the potential for them to dominate at the younger level and I'm hopeful we can do well.

• Thanks 2

Chrisene, Marschall, Kesler, Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, Philogene-Bidace, and Barry, have all been called up for England duty, and McBride who I think has played the last few games at right-back has been called up by Northern Ireland for their U19s. Not sure if they're going to be available tomorrow, Brighton have won their last six games, so probably could do with as strong a team as possible, that said even without the big names from the U23s we can still choose a side from our usual U18 squad that has only been beaten by Fulham so far this season.

There's an interview with the U18 management team of Sean Verity and Liam Bramley on the official website suggesting that the youngsters that have been called up for international duty will be available to play tonight. Apparently Verity and Bramley managed the U23 game on Friday in preperation, which is why Delaney and Boateng were in the stands, and then Delaney and Boateng took charge of the U18s against Southampton.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2021 at 14:59, HanoiVillan said:

From the link:

'Goalkeeper Viljami Sinisalo (Ayr United), Rowe (Hereford), D.Revan (Weymouth), Ben Guy (Portadown), Jack Clarke (Chesterfield), Cameron Archer (Solihull Moors) and Tyreik Wright (Walsall) are all currently out on loan, with their futures set to be decided at a meeting next week.'

What do we expect, in terms of these guys? Sinisalo and Revan have been doing well on loan, but is it too late for them? And are the others all set to depart?

Any further news on this meeting?

36 minutes ago, useless said:

There's an interview with the U18 management team of Sean Verity and Liam Bramley on the official website suggesting that the youngsters that have been called up for international duty will be available to play tonight. Apparently Verity and Bramley managed the U23 game on Friday in preperation, which is why Delaney and Boateng were in the stands, and then Delaney and Boateng took charge of the U18s against Southampton.

That's excellent and explains who that was on the sidelines on Friday! 

I must admit, when Ty Wright wasn't available yesterday for Walsall I did think perhaps we'd see a team of leftovers tonight, but hopefully that's not the case.

I'd love to see the team below, but I have a feeling it'll be more mixed.

---------------------------Marschall------------------------

Kesler-------Swinkels------Appiah--------Revan

---------------Borgarde----Chukwuemeka---------

JPB-------------------Ramsey--------------------Barry

---------------------------Young-----------------------------

Are the Sohna brothers available for this one? 

Edit: I'd also like Ben Chrisene to start - can we play twelve?

If they're fit then the Sohna brothers should be available as they're still eighteen, Philogene-Bidace is nineteen but because he was still eighteen at the start of the season I think he will probably still be eligible to play as well.

Wouldn't mind seeing a few of the U18s players like Hart, Reddin, Afoka, Sewell, and Abldeen-Goodridge, at some point out of curiosity as never seen them before besides very brief highlights, but for the most part I imagine we will fielding a very strong side.

To be fair to our usual U18s they're a strong team in their own right, still in the title race, win our gams in hand and we go joint top, and have only been beaten by Fulham this season, but Brighton have been so good recently winning six games in a row, that the stronger the team we can put out the better.

• Like 1

Â