Academy General Topic

smetrov

22 hours ago, useless said:

Chrisene, Marschall, Kesler, Ramsey, Chukwuemeka, Philogene-Bidace, and Barry, have all been called up for England duty, and McBride who I think has played the last few games at right-back has been called up by Northern Ireland for their U19s. Not sure if they're going to be available tomorrow, Brighton have won their last six games, so probably could do with as strong a team as possible, that said even without the big names from the U23s we can still choose a side from our usual U18 squad that has only been beaten by Fulham so far this season.

Are they all called up at under 18 age group useless? Is Marschall English or does he just qualify for England?

Chrisene is with the U17s, Chukwuemeka, Ramsey, Marschall, and Barry are with the U18s, and Kesler and Philogene-Bidace are with the U19s, that keeper we signed (Proctor I think his name was) and Kadan Young will probably be with the U15s as they were the last time, and chances are we might have a few with the U16s as well. Not sure of Marschall's background beyond that we signed him from Cambridge City youth, and he made his debut for our U18s when he was still only fifteen... Just found this short interview with him from back in December...

• Like 2

According to someone on one of the England Youth forums Filip Marschall has withdrawn from the England U18 squad, presumably he must either be injured, or he's been moved up an age group.

Edited by useless

I got seven of the twelve I wanted - happy with that line up :)

I guess we just need to get used to Bogarde playing as a centre back - I would imagine they think it's good for his long term development, he looks twice the player in midfield though.

Marschall most likely injured and no JPB but it looks a strong team.

Quite surprised by that central defence, especially after Friday, would have made more sense to me to just play the U18 central defenders, no team has conceded fewer goals than us this season at that level, and Brighton are more or less playing their usual U18 team because most of their U23 players are too old to play today, so it's not as if Appiah or Swinkels would be coming up against a level of player that they're not used to.

The midfield is very attack minded as well, Raikhy, Ramsey and Chukwuemeka all better at the attacking side of the game, it's a brave line-up considering they've scored three or more goals in four of their last six games. Looking forward to seeing Tommi O'Reilly play on the right.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Quite surprised by that central defence, especially after Friday, would have made more sense to me to just play the U18 central defenders, no team has conceded fewer goals than us this season at that level, and Brighton are more or less playing their usual U18 team because most of their U23 players are too old to play today, so it's not as if Appiah or Swinkels would be coming up against a level of player that they're not used to.

The midfield is very attack minded as well, Raikhy, Ramsey and Chukwuemeka all better at the attacking side of the game, it's a brave line-up considering they've scored three or more goals in four of their last six games. Looking forward to seeing Tommi O'Reilly play on the right.

I'm with you - I'd have played Appiah and Swinkels, or at least one of them and pushed Bogarde into midfield for Raikhy to even things out there.

Revan will be CB I guess - he's listed on google as 181cm or just under six foot tall - that's about four inches generous I reckon.

Wouldn't be surprised if at some point we end up having to bring on Appiah to strengthen the defence and moving Bogarde into midfield to make us more solid in that area as well, otherwise it might end up being a question of who can outscore who.

• Like 1

We look good getting to the box, Ramsey has been excellent, we're soft at the back and we lose midfield at times - just need to be a bit more straightforward when we get into attacking positions - we've been a bit too elaborate.

Â