Academy General Topic

mikeyp102

Strong side, will be interesting to see Afoka as haven't seen play him before not even highlights, seems to play either on the wing or in central midfield for the U18s, looks like he will be on the right today.

Edited by useless

Yep, a decent eleven - Seb Revan is a strange one at centre back, I don't think there's a snowball in hell's chance that he'll end up there, he's not got the height, but at this level, he's strong, he makes good decisions, he's quick enough and he's a smart young footballer - I think he'll do a good job. 

I've not seen Afoka before so it's going to be interesting to see how he does - I like Young's hustle and bustle and Barry gives us a threat down the left, if Afoka can threaten down the right we'll score goals. 

I'd still love for us to have a six foot three centre back with a real presence so we can move Bogarde into midfield, but this is a very decent side.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep, a decent eleven - Seb Revan is a strange one at centre back, I don't think there's a snowball in hell's chance that he'll end up there, he's not got the height, but at this level, he's strong, he makes good decisions, he's quick enough and he's a smart young footballer - I think he'll do a good job. 

I've not seen Afoka before so it's going to be interesting to see how he does - I like Young's hustle and bustle and Barry gives us a threat down the left, if Afoka can threaten down the right we'll score goals. 

I'd still love for us to have a six foot three centre back with a real presence so we can move Bogarde into midfield, but this is a very decent side.

I have never heard of Afoka before?

Doing some digging, his full name is Chisom Afoka, he is 17 years old, a right winger who can also play left winger.

Accoridng to Transfermarkt, he has played 14 games for our U18's, scoring zero goals and providing 2 assists.

He was with the WBA youth setup, but joined us in mid 2020.

I would assume Harrison rated him to bring him across from WBA?, as i assume he knows him inside out!?

Edited by MaVilla

Afoka was in the England U15 team with Barry and Morgan Rodgers when they were all at Albion. Looking back on his stats seemed to go off the radar for a while, not sure if he was injured, but has become a regular for our U18s, and has made the bench for the U23s, so must be doing something right.

Â